Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Alexander totally gay says RealGamer

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Alexander: The Heroes Hour

<A href="http://www.realgamer.co.uk/">Real Gamer</a> has done up and posted <a href="http://www.realgamer.co.uk/pcgames/reviews/alexander_the_heroes_hour.html">their review</a> of <A href="http://www.alexander-the-game.de/en/go.php?page=home">Alexander: The Heroes Hour</a>. Basically, it's a real mess. Here's the conclusion:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>On the whole Alexander: The Hero’s Hour seems too rushed and thrown together to actually deserve a good write-up, sluggish character control, numerous bugs and badly thought out menu systems make the game too frustrating to actually enjoy, there are many RPG’s out there and this one had to be really good to stand a chance, unfortunately Alexander, known as the military genius who conquered the world (of what was known of it at the time!) has this time failed to make an impact.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
And with that, the Greek setting for CPRGs dies with a whimper.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com">Shack News</A>

Reklar

Liturgist
Why would anyone make a cRPG out of Alexander the Great anyway? His life is better suited to a campaign-style strategy game like the Total War series than a RPG. I guess everyone is trying to cash-in on that lame movie they made recently. :roll:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Heh, that's what's wrong with any game where you play a powerful figure such as king - kings don't do side-quests.

bizarrofrank

Novice
Oh come on! Don't you think you're being too harsh? The game's not for me, but im betting a few of you enjoyed the "navigating the gay orgy" side quest. Not to mention the "suck off your best friend" subplot mission.

Ortchel

Liturgist
From what I gather the game is mission based and has no quests of any kind, actually.

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
Why is Alexander : The Whatever considered an RPG, anyway?
I though it was a strategy, by the authors of Cossacs, witch is basically a crippled and rushed Cossacs rip-off.

Reklar

Liturgist
Yes, there are several game tie-ins to the craptacular Oliver Stone movie. Apparently the strategy game based on Alexander is better than the movie though. I can't imagine how it could be worse seeing as how everyone I've talked to had nothing good to say about it. The sad thing is, it was a remake and it was worse than the original.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
I cheked. There really are several Alexander games ( at least for the developer's sake I hope they cashed a bit more than the movie :evil grin:), and while neither is outstanding, neither also turned out to be an RPG. I wonder when will strategy/RPG titles stop being considered RPGs. I know there are hardly any RPGs coming out, but still -> we should not lower our standards due to lack of availability.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom