Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline All Flesh Must Be Eaten

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My Character Sheet:

Pete Alred quit drinking and smoking a month ago, after a messy divorce. Today, he found out his job at Warren's Tire and Oil has gone to another. After he got home (his converted garage/apartment) he turned on the tube to see that the strange green haze was everywhere. Been a pretty bad day, and this October afternoon is about to get much worse. You see, at exactly 5:57 all electronics, and anything with electronic components in them, mysteriously ceased to work.

Pete is 33 years old. Spent some time in the military as a mechanic. He's a bit lazy and never really excelled at anything (as his wife, who just left him for his 1st cousin, was fond of telling him). After leaving the military he and his wife moved back to Warren, Ohio, his hometown. She got the house in the divorce, so he has been living on the edge of town in a converted garage/apartment owned by his friend, Bob Turner. He and Bob grew up together. Bob is married, has 3 kids and his home is nestled on a wooded cul-de sac. Pete pretty much doesn't bother them, and Bob is out in his semi truck most of the time anyway (and...in their last conversation he was told that he is going to have to start paying something in rent soon, but Bob swears it is his wife's idea). The garage/apartment is wood paneled, and was probably built in the 1970's. Pete is pretty poor and pretty much always has been. He has a few bucks, his clothes, and a 1975 Ford pick up he inherited from an uncle. It has a tape deck--Pete never really got into CD's. His wife's library job pretty much carried them all these years. Pete has a deep interest in World War II, hence his interest in M 1911 pistols. Pete is an accomplished painter, but it never really went anywhere. But he does have a gift.

Pete has always known that there is something not right with the world.

Noteworthy gear at Pete's Apartment:

Paints and easels

Cassette tapes (lots of them, most bought on eBay)

Clothing

Well stocked tool collection, ratchet sets

TV and video game consol

World War II books and encyclopedias

Old laptop

Small Hatchet

Assorted camping gear (tent, fire pit stand, lanterns)

Combat boots

Ping pong table (uses it for a table)

Old couch

radio with tape deck

walkie talkies

Army fatigues

American Flag

Books by Limbaugh and Mark Levin (overdue at library, but he ain't going near that place).

Small fireproof safe: truck title, DD-214 discharge papers, SS card

Gear in Pete's Truck or on Pete:

Truck bed contains a 5 gallon can of gas (RED) with funnel, topped off

Survival Knife (glove box)

Machete (under seat)

GSG M1911 .22 LR Target Pistol (glove box) Mag Capacity 10 - CURRENTLY LOADED

Springfield Armory 1911 .45 ACP with Serpa Blackhawk holster (glove box) Mag Capacity 8 - CURRENTLY LOADED

2 boxes of CCI .22 LR (50 per box)

Magtech .45 ACP (36 left out of brick of 50)

Leather Jacket

Normal clothes,sneakers

Gun Rack in back window of Ford -- Novelty Samaurii Sword rests on it (good steel, but dull, no sharpness)

2 Quart military canteen (2 of them)

Assorted tapes strewn along floor boards and in seat

Portable tool box (in the truck bed)

First Aid Kit

Flare gun with 6 flares (under seat)

Sleeping bag - sub zero

Pete Alred, 33 years old, small town normal

Strength 2

Dexterity 2

Constitution 2

Intelligence 3

Perception 2

Willpower 3

Life Points 26

Endurance Points 26

Essence 26 (because he gets extra 12 from Artistic Talent Quality)

Speed 8

Qualities/Drawbacks

Artistic Talent - painting; a gifted painter, +3 to task checks to create painting art, 12 extra essence (3 points)

Charisma - +2 to tasks to influence others (2 points)

Contacts: Trevor and Chad, a couple of para-military types he knows - survivalist types and co-workers. They are brothers that live together (3 points)

Nerves of Steel - +4 to any fear checks

Honorable - Always keeps his word if he gives it; never lets friends down or betrays them (-2 drawback)

Lazy- harder to improve skills above most commonly associated attribute (-2 Drawback)

Resources - Poor (-3 Drawback) has less than $500 to his name and may be on public assistance

Dark Secret - harbors a secret that if discovered may get him killed (-3 Drawback)

Skills:

Brawling 3

Climbing 2

Dodge 2

Notice 2

Handweapon (swords/machetes) 2

Driving (car/truck) 2

(motorcycle) 1

First Aid 2

Mechanic 2

Electronics 1

Lockpick (mechanical) 1

Gun (handgun) 2

--Specialty M1911 pistols 4

Gun( shotgun) 1

Gun (rifle) 2

Haggling 2

Survival (forest) 3

Humanities (history) 2

--Specialty World War II Era 4

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I won't go pedo. He's actually based off a real guy who went on a pilgrimage with the CMcC Elf book. He disappeared and wandered the lands and made something of himself. Thanks Colin. He was a good dude last I knew and was going through a tough time. I don't know how that book helped him but it clearly did. It was kind of like that Book of Eli movie except reality is stranger than fiction.

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
I won't go pedo. He's actually based off a real guy who went on a pilgrimage with the CMcC Elf book. He disappeared and wandered the lands and made something of himself. Thanks Colin. He was a good dude last I knew and was going through a tough time. I don't know how that book helped him but it clearly did. It was kind of like that Book of Eli movie except reality is stranger than fiction.

I have no idea how to reply to this, but if it helped him through a rough patch then I totally rescind any damn apology I ever made about the book.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
You are a good man, and there is stuff out there we will never understand.

Andhaira

Arcane
Have you tried out Dungeons and Zombies? It's a good supp, and can be used to run a generic fantasy game using Unisystem.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Thanks, I'll give it a look

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom