Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol gameplay video at IGN

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Major_Boobage said:
Its not anything like the way it should cfr for example Counter-Strike.

shut the fuck up zerotol

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Who says you cant's increase aim sensitivity on the PC? Even Doom had that...

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Anthony Davis said:
MT starts off only being able to punch and block, but sink enough points into martial arts and he turns into Tony Ja running around crushing everyone's face.
But can you block bullets, or add elemental powers to your punches by using special gloves? :Andhaira:
I'll see if I can find out who the guy was and what he martial arts style is.
Sawyer said it's American Kenpo, whatever the hell that is.

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Jasede said:

It isnt the aim sensitivity, its something inherent to the fact that they choose this style because it better suits the console. The aim is just off on a pc, its difficult to explain and i know the game isnt an FPS :roll: , but this is something that annoyed me incredible with Mass Effect.

Qwinn

Scholar
MT starts off only being able to punch and block, but sink enough points into martial arts and he turns into Tony Ja running around crushing everyone's face.

Ok, I'm sold.

Well your chances with everyone but the mythical gamer girls just went up at the cost of the almighty e-cred. Was it worth it? WAS IT WORTH IT?!

Hehehe. Yep. And here, I'll blow my e-cred some more. Sonya is nothing but Guile with breasts and sexier kicks. Face it. Accept it. You'll feel freer afterwards.

Anyways, my biggest regret about botching that joke was that the whole point - "ZOMG it's Tasha Sonya Yar! Kill it! Kill it with fire!" - got lost in the translation. Oh well.

Qwinn

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Major_Boobage said:
Jasede said:

It isnt the aim sensitivity, its something inherent to the fact that they choose this style because it better suits the console. The aim is just off on a pc, its difficult to explain and i know the game isnt an FPS :roll: , but this is something that annoyed me incredible with Mass Effect.

We chose 3rd person, aka 3PS, because we wanted the player to see MT *in* the story.

Similar to Max Payne or Resident Evil.

Obviously the shooting mechanics change based on the camera.

Solivagant

Novice
Is that an USB icon on usable items? That's intriguing.

The game looks pretty cool, I'll sound like a whiny bitch for mentioning the somewhat stiff animations, so I won't talk about it.

The G20-something faction has a cool name. Is it only three handlers? Do they always know the aggressive/stealth/third option available, or do they mix it up as the operations come and go?

Also, nicely done on using TV screens to comunicate with them, its certainly a better way to guarantee they arent killed by the player than how DX2 handled it (bulletproof glass and metal mesh).

Hard Knox

Educated
This isn't an RPG you retards, it's an FPS with a dialogue-based gimmick. It's going to suck.

Rhalle

Magister
Hard Knox said:
This isn't an RPG you retards, it's an FPS with a dialogue-based gimmick.

None of that pesky reading; marketing figured that tardboxers regard reading as a distraction from the T-for Teen cinematic experience.

Oh, and it's the wave of the future.

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Qwinn said:
Well your chances with everyone but the mythical gamer girls just went up at the cost of the almighty e-cred. Was it worth it? WAS IT WORTH IT?!

Hehehe. Yep. And here, I'll blow my e-cred some more. Sonya is nothing but Guile with breasts and sexier kicks. Face it. Accept it. You'll feel freer afterwards.

Anyways, my biggest regret about botching that joke was that the whole point - "ZOMG it's Tasha Sonya Yar! Kill it! Kill it with fire!" - got lost in the translation. Oh well.

Qwinn

His chances with everyone? If not for the mighty coin eating mashines, I would still be a virgin. Also Sonya and Guile as comparison? Dude.....

BethesdaLove

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Since Obsidian is already here. Who's idea were the pink sunglasses?

She is already special. No need to make it EXTREME...

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hey Anthony, who had the idea of implementing right click delays as a feature with NWN2, and most importantly, why hasn't it been removed or given the option to disable the delay after two and a half years since the game came out?

Also, who is the intelligent person that optimized that "engine"?

MetalCraze

Arcane
The game looks like a generic and a very typical console shooter with lots of useless gimmicks and traditional hand-holding for retards.
Obsidian should've at least shown more dignity and stop calling it RPG. Though considering that RPG is a new console buzzword meaning a dumb shooter full of boring "dialogues" I can understand why they are doing it.

Anthony Davis said:
Major_Boobage said:
i think it looks like shit. I hate the console targeting system for retards who have to use a gamepad.

Seems like Mass Effect in another setting..

Hmmm? There isn't any sort of auto targeting in AP.

Oh really? How will you explain the auto-targeting circle-of-doom then just like it was in ME which can easily be seen in AP videos?

Qwinn

Scholar
Really, how will you explain the auto-targeting circle-of-doom then just like it was in ME?

I've heard you mention this many times, and I'm still not sure what you're talking about. I never aimed at something in ME, and hit despite the fact that I wasn't centered on the target.

Qwinn

MetalCraze

Arcane
Qwinn said:
Really, how will you explain the auto-targeting circle-of-doom then just like it was in ME?

I've heard you mention this many times, and I'm still not sure what you're talking about. I never aimed at something in ME, and hit despite the fact that I wasn't centered on the target.

Qwinn

This
e1ovb.jpg

You will hit the enemy in the circle (no matter how many of them is there) even if gun isn't even pointed directly at him (especially "helpful" at a longer distance). Obsidian just makes sure that even a retard that can't aim properly will play the game, not speaking about the moronic markers over enemies (wtf?) and flashing icons showing the locks you can pick (because you can't totally check if you can try pick them yourself). Even Bioware never went so low with Mass Effect.
And you call this stinking piece of shit "just like Deus Ex" and Obsidian - a worthy studio? Their first shooter and even this one is made for the lowest denominator.

Raapys

Arcane
What's with the built-in wallhack feature showing enemies through walls and floors and stuff?

Qwinn

Scholar
You will hit the enemy in the circle (no matter how many of them is there) even if gun isn't even pointed directly at him.

This certainly wasn't the case in my ME game. Particularly if the target was under even the slightest bit of cover. A good portion of the enemy would be within that circle, but that wasn't good enough, I had to actually have some part of him in the exact center of my target.

And how's that supposed to work with sniper rifles, where the targeting reticle is over half the screen? That sure as hell does not play the way you're claiming it did.

Maybe there's some Options setting that lets you turn what you're describing on, but it wasn't turned on in my game.

Qwinn

MetalCraze

Arcane
Qwinn said:
You will hit the enemy in the circle (no matter how many of them is there) even if gun isn't even pointed directly at him.

This certainly wasn't the case in my ME game. Particularly if the target was under even the slightest bit of cover.
No. If just a bit of target was not behind the cover your bullets were hitting it. Replay ME and see - this is how it worked in Kill/Switch, this is how it worked in GoW1/GoW2, this is how it worked in ME and this is how it will work in AP.

(partially because of this hide-shoot-hide-shoot mechanics was bashed by some reviewers with some dignity left - you just had to sit behind the cover and wait while a bit of enemy will come in the open and then cap him even it was just a hand)

A good portion of the enemy would be within that circle, but that wasn't good enough, I had to actually have some part of him in the exact center of my target.
And so? It still helps retards who can't aim.
This game is a shooter but where is the fun in a shooter where you don't even have to do really something to hit the enemy (now with markers that show you where exactly your enemies are)?

And Avellone has a leading role in this? Guess he decided to continue his Descent To Undermountain/BG:Dark Alliance/KotOR2 line of bad games with ridiculously poor gameplay.

Qwinn

Scholar
Quote:
A good portion of the enemy would be within that circle, but that wasn't good enough, I had to actually have some part of him in the exact center of my target.

Wait a minute - are you actually complaining that there is a targeting reticle of any kind? You DO realize that... okay, hold your amazement here... real guns have these things called "sights" (and alternatively "scopes") that do the same thing?

If you actually have to have some part of the target in the exact center of your scope, there's no "auto-aiming" going on. (And I don't care if it's "just a hand", I blow your hand off at the wrist, watch how fast you bleed out).

Qwinn

MetalCraze

Arcane
Qwinn said:
Quote:

Wait a minute - are you actually complaining that there is a targeting reticle of any kind? You DO realize that... okay, hold your amazement here... real guns have these things called "sights" (and alternatively "scopes") that do the same thing?

Really? I didn't know that sights helped bullets avoid barriers, change their trajectory and hit the target even if you don't point a gun at it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom