Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

I really love the main theme to that game, the intro art is just beautiful too. Something that's even more beautiful though, is the original painting that it was based off of, Lord of the Spiders by Tim White.

sufujr.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir

Ive been reading through "On the Edge" by Brian Bagnall, and lots of unknown and fun info are told in those sacred pages, like for example on page 44 "The Commodore-Apple Merger", in 1976, Steve Jobs and Wozniak went to Commodore headoffices in October to actually sell the whole company to Jack Tramiel, since he had wanted to use Wozniak's "Sweet-16" machine language program as a basis for the almost done PET 2001 instead of Microsoft's basic (which he also swindled Bill Gates over like a boss), sadly they had an disagreement about "customer useablility" + Jack tried to under-cut the price abit.

Imagine how that merger would have changed computer history, Apple would have been owned by Commodore, and wozniak would have been a computer engineer under Chuck Peddle's "Dream team", the Father of the 6502 chip, and maybe Commodore would have released the Commodore Apple, and taken out a rival early for only 100.000 USD on top of that.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I hope no one else has posted this, cause it's probably one of my favorite module songs ever.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So you didn't notice that he wasn't playing just C-64 games, but also some arcade games?

Luzur

Good Sir
So you didn't notice that he wasn't playing just C-64 games, but also some arcade games?

Ah, i didnt watch until the end, only til Giana Sisters. Also took a better look ont he keyboard, and yeah its a fake, empty one. Kinda odd since he could have put in a real one from a PET 2001.

Luzur

Good Sir

Wonderland (C64 2012) (Gameplay)

Wonderland (c)2012 Georg Rottensteiner (& some other Sceners) Intro-Music by: Analog-X64 (https://soundcloud.com/analog-x64) My thoughts about Wonderland: I just can`t tell how good this one really is. Over here you`ll see my very first 15 Minutes within the Game.

I slashed Enemies, explored some Caves and collected keys to open closed Doors - I slayed a Dragon and picked up a new Weapon - and found an unidentificable...Thing...(a Candle?)...that took place in my Inventory. Oh,yeah, and I found a strange piece of Wall. But couldn`t break through. :( Are there any Bombs in this Game? Some kind of Dynamite?

Well, it`s a Legend of Zelda-like Action-RPG with an overall size of only 16 Kilobyte (that`s the size of a small(!) JPG :)). And it seems to be great. Good Music, smooth gameplay. Maybe there are even more big Bosses and Riddles and extra Weapons to be found. I just dunno. But I would bet on it. And now I don`t have the Time to write anything else, `cause I just want to return to the Game and give it another go. :D You can find "Wonderland" over here: https://csdb.dk/release/?id=113191

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have a PET 2001 in my storage... let's just say it's not as easy as just "put in a real one" for the keyboard to work.

The EotB C-64 port is a project I've been watching for years, but always thought that it would die because of some insurmountable obstacle... but still it keeps going. Good one.

Wonderland gives me a HUGE Halls of the Things-vibe, which is funny considering it's trying to be a Zelda game.

Luzur

Good Sir
I have a PET 2001 in my storage... let's just say it's not as easy as just "put in a real one" for the keyboard to work.

The EotB C-64 port is a project I've been watching for years, but always thought that it would die because of some insurmountable obstacle... but still it keeps going. Good one.

Wonderland gives me a HUGE Halls of the Things-vibe, which is funny considering it's trying to be a Zelda game.

Well i had one too, with the blue rim and all + original box. Also, there is a guy who made a connector convertor (IEEE48 or what its name is) some years ago when he made some raspberry Pi thing with his dead PET, the thread is somewhere on the Lemon forums, so it is possible to reconnect the keyboard, but i dunno how hard it is to get it setup right.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir

New Commodore 64 Game on Cart! Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom