Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amiga, Commodore and creativity

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I remember in the 90s, Petro Tyschtschenko was very highly regarded in the Amiga userbase, and visited the cons etc, like one in Finland once or twice, and at least a few times in interviews in the last few years, David Pleasance has called Tyschenko basically "fucking moron", must be some bad blood between them. I wonder if Petro Tyschenko was really as moronic as Pleasance has said.

Luzur

Good Sir
feeffe_orig.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
So I found an online auction that has a Commodore 1581 3 1/2" drive. Now, I'll be honest, until about 8 months ago I didn't even know they existed. Just never came across one in all my years of buying old systems. I'll link it here since I doubt I'll buy it, just don't buy as much old stuff as I used to. The site also has a ton of Commodore stuff now (someone linked this on Facebook) but there seems to be a lot of high bids for such a dinky site. Not sure what to make of it.

Anyone ever have one or use one? This is also fascinating for me - but the next major C64 purchase for me will probably be some expansion port memory.

Those are actually great and kinda rare i heard, i never saw one during the heydays but i dunno why they werent more common, they stored like five 5 1/4" discs on one 3 1/2" disc, would be RAD to have one, but they are expensive now.

http://www.zimmers.net/cbmpics/d1581.html

Mortmal

Arcane
So I found an online auction that has a Commodore 1581 3 1/2" drive. Now, I'll be honest, until about 8 months ago I didn't even know they existed. Just never came across one in all my years of buying old systems. I'll link it here since I doubt I'll buy it, just don't buy as much old stuff as I used to. The site also has a ton of Commodore stuff now (someone linked this on Facebook) but there seems to be a lot of high bids for such a dinky site. Not sure what to make of it.

Anyone ever have one or use one? This is also fascinating for me - but the next major C64 purchase for me will probably be some expansion port memory.

Those are actually great and kinda rare i heard, i never saw one during the heydays but i dunno why they werent more common, they stored like five 5 1/4" discs on one 3 1/2" disc, would be RAD to have one, but they are expensive now.

http://www.zimmers.net/cbmpics/d1581.html
Never had one either, nor knew it was a thing . Having a 5 1/4 was a luxury already and was plenty pleased with it. Heck even having a computer as a kid was a luxury.. thats why i am so clever and gifted :obviously:

Luzur

Good Sir
BoxyMoxy - A High quality C64 puzzle game has been published by RGCD

Although I'm not usually a fan of puzzle games, even though I do feature them on occasion. We've just found out from RGCD via their own Facebook group, that they have finally published the high quality puzzle game for the C64 called BoxyMoxy. This game according to Antonio Savona who had also worked on L’abbaye Des Morts, Planet Golf and Chopper Command, has said that he has coded coded the game with Lobo and Aldo Chiummo, and the game features full on unforgiving puzzle gameplay!

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/08/boxymoxy-high-quality-c64-puzzle-game.html#more

Luzur

Good Sir
Tiny Bobble - An Arcade quality port of Bubble Bobble is coming to the Amiga!

One of the most played games of all time. Bubble Bobble has infuriated and thrilled us in equal measure on our home computers since its release around the year of 1987 to 1989. Its appeal captures all age groups, and the fun is doubled with a brother, sister or friend to play in two player mode. And today many of us with a Commodore Amiga might be excited with this news, as thanks to a heads up by Per Ola, we've been told a remastered version will be coming to the Amiga called 'Tiny Bobble'.

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/08/tiny-bobble-arcade-quality-port-of.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Bad Moon Rising - A brand new game via psytronik is coming to the C64

Sadly there wont be much writing done today and through the weekend, as the weather is way too hot and the humidity is too much giving us sleepless nights. But still, seeing as we don't want to miss out on the really good stuff, we've just been told via Facebook, that Psytronik will be releasing a brand new game for the C64 called Bad Moon Rising; a game that looks to be multi genre, featuring both Shoot em up and platforming action.

bad%2Bmoon%2Brising.jpg

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/08/bad-moon-rising-brand-new-game-via.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Super Metal Hero - A new Amiga platformer with Parallax scrolling teased by Tenshu

This month has been fantastic for Amiga news, especially with games being mentioned on IRN such as Chicken Coop, New Bubble Story, and even the upcoming Shoot em up of F-Type. But it looks as if the greatness hasn't ended there, as thanks to another great heads up by Solo, we've been told Tenshu will now be working on the upcoming Amiga game 'Super Metal Hero'; a game that was previously announced back in 2020 by us with a different coder and publisher.

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/07/super-metal-hero-new-amiga-platformer.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Naddando - A seriously cool C64 SEUCK game by Commodore Spain

Here on Indie Retro News we've featured so many SEUCK based games, we even thought of renaming the website as an April Fools joke. The problem however is while some are very good, there's a vast majority out there that are pretty tedious and generally don't get much in the way of favorable response. Thankfully the latest release by Commodore Spain is one of those 'Good' games, as if you give their new game a try called ' Naddando ' i'm sure you'll agree it's pretty half decent.

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/07/naddando-seriously-cool-seuck-game-by.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Covid Attack 64 - A new Basic compiled game for the C64

If you're looking for some new games for your C64 then you've come to the right place, as this week as a new release for the C64, Kimono with GFX by Kody, SID Sound by Richard B and Code Sound by Phaze101, has released the Basic compiled game of 'Covid Attack 64' for the Commodore 64; a new game in which you must deliver the medication while avoiding the deadly Covid virus in every level.

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/07/covid-attack-64-new-basic-compiled-game.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Make My Day - A recovered C64 game and an unheard Matt Gray tune appears!

As so many of you are aware by now we love Retro games, especially games that have been lost into the ages and through these modern times have finally been recovered for many of us to enjoy. This is especially true for games such as Microfair Madness and even Daffy Duck And The Great Paint Caper. Thankfully more games are being recovered, as thanks to a heads up from GamesThatWerent, we now know that 'Make My Day', which was intended for release in 1988, has been made available!

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/07/make-my-day-recovered-c64-game-and.html

Luzur

Good Sir
Robot Jet Action - An upcoming game created by C64portal.pl for the C64 gets a new update tease

Even more C64 games to get through this week, as we've been informed by Tomek that the upcoming game 'Robot Jet Action' by C64Portal, has been shown off with another teaser preview giving us a new look at the gameplay, level creation, worlds, music, character design and enemies. Although they do state some aspects of the gameplay may change as development progresses.

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/06/robot-jet-action-upcoming-game-created.html

Luzur

Good Sir
The Isle of the Cursed Prophet - Another top quality C64 game from Icon64 team!

If you're looking for even more C64 games to play, then you've come to the right place! As we've just come across a new post on the Psytronik Facebook page, that they have just announced the release of Icon 64's new game 'The Isle of the Cursed Prophet' for the C64! As in the words of the team behind the game "The award-winning ICON 64 team are back with an absolute gem of a game for the Commodore 64. Embark on a sombre quest to resurrect your dead wife by uncovering the secrets hidden on the mysterious Isle of the Cursed Prophet"

(CONTINUE READING)
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/06/the-isle-of-cursed-prophet-another-top.html

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/09/funfair-inc-bullfrog-theme-park.html
Funfair Inc - A Bullfrog Theme Park inspiration is coming to the C64!

Well this came as a complete surprise to us, and one I'm now eager to play when it gets a release later this year, as thanks to Saberman telling us, we've been told Arlasoft is working on a Theme Park inspired game called 'Funfair Inc' for the C64. Yes indeed if like me you loved playing the classic Bullfrog title released on multi systems back in the 90's, a game featuring all the puking, building and ride creation you could ever want, will be pleased to learn you will be able to play a Theme Park management sim on your C64 as of December 2020.

Although it's still at a work in progress state and Arlasoft are hoping to release the game with a physical version down the line. The game will feature 32 rides and animal attractions, 20 shops and gaming stalls, 16 features and toilet facilities, staff management, stock level management, loans, research, difficulty levels, and much much more to make this one of the most eagerly awaited C64 sims of 2020.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The developer Software Heaven apparently adapted the original Dungeon Master into Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest for the PC Engine / Turbografx-16 CD, released in Japan in 1992 and in the United States in 1993.

Game_Therons.Quest_JP_PC.Engine_Box_Back_Scan.jpg

Game_Therons.Quest_US_Turbografx_Box_Back_Photo.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
The Wild Wood - A new game is coming to the C64 and it looks incredible! (In-depth Details)

Indie Retro News has always tried to be one of the top ended sites for the latest in retro gaming news spanning across multiple 8bit systems such as the Amstrad, C64 or the ZX Spectrum. So it's with great pleasure to announce as thanks to a heads up by a good friend of ours, we are here to show the latest preview for the eagerly awaited title of ' The Wild Wood '; a beautiful game which is coming to the C64 at some point in the near future.

here, The Wild Wood will be the first game in 25 years to have 3 coders working on it, spanning across a team of people such as Achim, Wanax and Zirias (Coders), with sounds and music by NM156 and graphics and design by Hend. As for the story, you must help navigate young Hare on his adventure into the the heart of the Wild Woods! Across moonlit fields, through Ancient Ruins, underground into Cavernous Warrens, explore magnificent Cathedrals, creepy Graveyards and venture deep into the Ominous Woods themselves!

Thankfully even if this is still an early heads up, the team behind the game have also shared with the community that they aim to make The Wild Wood the best modern game ever produced for the C64. Containing graphics of a level not seen before on your humble commie and a fully immersive soundtrack, all smoothly put together by our top team of coders featuring huge multi-directional platform levels, fast paced horizontally scrolling sections, big bosses and much more!
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/10/the-wild-wood-new-game-is-coming-to-c64.html

Survival Messenger Adventure - High quality text based adventure game for the C64!

We've mentioned a number of command text based adventure games on Indie Retro News, from games such as Venganza and Spooky Adventure, to Knight Orc and Masquerade. But now another game has appeared which will appeal to gamers who like those sort of games, as we've been told by a good friend of ours, that The 7th Division and Vintage Computing Carinthia has released the text based adventure game of Survival Messenger Adventure for the C64.

(CONTINUE READING)

Luzur

Good Sir
RunNGun - Another cool looking C64 action platformer is coming

While many of you are still drooling over the upcoming Another World C64 conversion/port which was announced this week, there's another game that might be worth keeping an eye on, and that's Carleton Handley's upcoming Action Platformer of RunNGun. Yes indeed this game mentioned to us by Per Ola and Saberman, is a run n gun platformer that looks to feature great background detail, smooth scrolling and rather nice sprite animation.

(CONTINUE READING)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom