Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Animals!

kazgar

Arcane
muppets-animal.jpg

Have we got a plan for animal domestication, now with tame cows in and tame sheep to come, should probably organise something? Doubly important as it sounds like wild auruchs no longer give milk, and i'm guessing wild rams won't be able to give wool. We'll need to get butter and gauze material somehow.

even if we don't worry about q right now, do we roundpost fence in some grassland in preparation?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
mucho needed for cheese indeed. Problem is that there is no way we can transport them over river for now. That leaves only one grassland on the same land as nc.

I have a few ropes ready, lets bring the cows to nc and then we'll figure what to do with them :)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
There's a designated grassland area on the final village plan. Basically where the well is. That'll provide plenty of room.
  1. Plow it.
  2. Plant grassland.
  3. Domesticated animals will be kept here. Should be plenty of room to fence off areas for different Q cattle; different cattle types and the like.

kazgar

Arcane
Was thinking last night once the pumpkins i have growing finally fruit, i might plant a row of pumpkins on the north side of the grassland plot opposite the bakery site (a single row) this is to provide a closer source of seeds for the great planting, as well as additional foods.

Considered ringing the whole grassland area with a pumpkin border, but might be overkill.

oldschool

Scholar
Planting pumkins there is a good idea. It will make expanding the grassland a lot easier and faster.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
How did Sheek get out of his pen and end up wandering around the Village Idol?

... or to the more pressing matter, how do I get him to follow me back into his pen?

Never mind, I needed a rope equipped so I could get the 'leash' option.

kazgar

Arcane
might be worth resetting your claim over the centre of the village to not include the grassland (now its almost done) as things won't spawn there while its claimed?

kazgar

Arcane
seen two herds of aurochs spawn over a single game night since the claim reset, i can almost taste the cheese.

(though someone more battle hardened may want to tame them)

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Welp, with 120 UA I just tried taking on an Auroch spawn. I lost my armour (from 3k HP to 0) and they knocked me out.

There are 2 wandering around Central Plaza right now if someone is game enough to try and finish the last one off and then tame the other one.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
From Avu:
  • - you can do it in minutes instead of an hour
    - fence herd
    - tame one
    - place frog further away
    - Long distance tame through fence?
    - agro frog
    - go far enough that cow herd deagros
    - go back atack herd
    - your cow will atack you again
    - tame it
    - repeat
    - make sure you don't go crazy on it though
    - you can tame many but don't let them all get pregnant at once
    - you will regret it :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom