Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any good JRPGs for the Newfag consoles?

Inziladun

Magister
Got a PS4 and an Xbox one for christmas, only have Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. Haven't played a JRPG-FAG GAME in a while now. Never really liked them too much but have had some fun with Suikoden 5, particularly with the "gathering" of allies, which I liked doing. Other than that, FF7/9/10 and Tales of Symphonia are the only JRPGs i've actually played through completion. For some reason I've been hankering to play one, but can't be arsed to find a reliable source that can attest to the quality of a game. So Codexians, any new JRPGs out that are halfway decent? I've heard that the newest Tales game is alright, but that could just be because the faggot that told me probably jerks off to cartoons at night.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Got a PS4 and an Xbox one for christmas, only have Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. Haven't played a JRPG-FAG GAME in a while now. Never really liked them too much but have had some fun with Suikoden 5, particularly with the "gathering" of allies, which I liked doing. Other than that, FF7/9/10 and Tales of Symphonia are the only JRPGs i've actually played through completion. For some reason I've been hankering to play one, but can't be arsed to find a reliable source that can attest to the quality of a game. So Codexians, any new JRPGs out that are halfway decent? I've heard that the newest Tales game is alright, but that could just be because the faggot that told me probably jerks off to cartoons at night.

No. Just look at a list of either console. Almost nothing has come out yet. What is there are indies and remastered editions of older consoles.

For PS4, the ones to keep an eye out for:

Persona 5 (probably going to be the best)
Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness
Valkyria: Azure Revolution
Tales of Berseria (maybe... maybe...)

For Xbox One:

.......................................................................................................

But as of now, the Wii U has more major jRPG releases than either of these consoles, by virtue of having released one game:

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Last edited:

LJ40

Cipher
Sword Art Online: Lost Song for the PS4 is potentially alright. Despite the title it's a single player action jrpg. Has a weird flying mechanic I'm not sold on yet, but I've only played an hour or two so far.

Edit - Nevermind, I'm fucking stupid. Lost Song was a Japanese PS3 game that got the upgrade to PS4.

Last edited:

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Zestiria is pretty bad, from what I've heard, and it's 30fps on consoles (can be fixed on PC version).
Bloodborne is alright, however, and there a few coming, like Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Dragon Quest Builders and World of Final Fantasy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom