Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Any news on Thief 4?

Darth Roxor said:
Hey, I liked Thief 2 more than Thief 1.

I can say the same about myself, really. Thief 1 was good and all, but i think the "feeling" of Thief 2 was better.

Mmm... I've got to find my old copy of that game.

Andhaira

Arcane
Thief 4 would be great, but as long as they go back to their roots. Thief 3 was abysmal! You could just breeze through the game without stealth, running from point a to b. The guards were fucking dumb and gave up chasing after you turned a corner.

Also, levels and areas were smaller thanks to the fact the game had to fit on xbox. :(

One thing I would NOT mind is 3rd person view for the game. It would be cool to see garett climb ropes, engage in combat, stealth kills, etc.

Also, this time make that mechanical eye of his more useful.

Talonfire

Scholar
Why would you even ask for a Thief 4? It was always intended to be a trilogy, it's over. By asking for Thief 4 you're asking for Eidos to ruin the series which they're probably already doing at their Montreal studio.

Wild Slop

Arcane
How about Thief 4: Thief III For Real This Time

?

In truth ( Hammerspeak ) I have no problem with a 2nd go and fuck all when it comes to messing something up the way I considered T3.

Example. Kinda like how Evil Dead 2 basically starts off all but saying " ...uhhh yeah remember evil dead 1? yeah.... uuhh that didnt happen, just ignore that.

Andhaira

Arcane
Eidos should come out with new franchises based on the similar idea. Forexample:

Sorceror: A game where you play a sorceror.
Swordsman: A game where you play a swordsman.

Assassins creed is kinda like 'Assassin' but it didn't have thiefs charm. Also a bit too many unrealistic acrobatics.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Occasionally Fatal said:
:lol:

<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=606602#606602">for reasons previously discussed.</a>
You know that ubisoft actually threatened to sue something awful for linking to the comic? But nobody cares about the codex :decline: :(

Occasionally Fatal said:
they're scared of reprisals involving flying cocks and angry codex devilz.

But on the other hand, they'll have the bright shining minds of Nomansk and Cleve behind them as they plot their assault on the codex.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Stereotypical Villain said:
Spectacle said:
I don't know.. A post-industrial re-imagining of the Thief world, logically evolved from the original techno-magical steampunk could be awesome.

I don't know about that. If i remember correctly the whole deal with Karras and the Mechanists in Thief 2 kinda made people wary of such things.

That's not going to hold back progress forever, the entire incident will be forgotten in 50-100 years, and there's bound to be other cities in the world as well, where industialisation will continue unabated.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
This is being worked on by Eidos Montreal, which probably means that it includes none of the original designers. Just accept that it is not a Thief game and view it as a new stealth-action IP. It might be possible to enjoy it that way.

Stereotypical Villain said:
Wild Slop said:
Thief 3 with its cut in half homes and Bethesda worthy "secret order".
In fact after 3 I'd go as far as to same that Bethesda could do a better job (even though T3's captain nut gobbler is working for them now).

I thought the story was fine, and it fit in with the things we'd seen in the other Thief games. The only thing that screwed Thief 3 over was the attempt to "upgrade" the graphics, which resulted in a limited, linear, cityscape.

That was more the result of having to gimp the game for the X-Box.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
These last years certainly see an increase in the dubious art of raping respected franchises.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
facepalm2.jpg

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm afraid they took Deadly Shadows' ending too seriously and will ditch Garrett for a female protagonist. Tell me I'm wrong.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Thief 4 is doomed. It is being made by the same studio which added the retarded regeneration and cover system to a Deus Ex 3 game and DX is anything but a dumb shooter and where a lead designer thinks that DX is boring because you don't blow shit up constantly.

Thief 4 with a health regeneration? I can imagine.

Pastel

Scholar
The chances of it being like Thief 1&2 rather than Thief 3 are pretty dim.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I wouldn't complain even if it was like Thief 3, but I doubt it will be.

racofer

Thread Incliner
*Tiehf FOUR MAnnuel*
Press X for invisibility
Press Y for Stun Bomb
Press A for Solve Quest
Press B to Skip to next Level
D-Pad for head control

Warning: Game not suited for children younger than two years old, contains cleavage and may induce drolling

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom