Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anybody here played Devil Whiskey?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Downloading the demo right now after looking at the amazingly cool screenshots. :D

Just loved those monster portraits so damn much.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
I played, good game, (too) perfect Bard's Tale clone. They should improve the UI nevertheless.
There was a mod to convert the game to the original BT1. You might find that on their forum.

Imbecile

Arbiter
demon_whiskey_ssg_400.jpg

Sorry. Its meaningless but I had to.

mondblut

Arcane
There was another mod attempt to combine BT1-3 content and original campaign in one huge game (by BT1 conversion author), but it didn't finish, unfortunately.

I played it for a while just a few days ago. I wish their energy would be spent on cloning something better, like Goldbox series :) BT is just so... neanderthal.

Zeus

Cipher
mondblut said:
There was another mod attempt to combine BT1-3 content and original campaign in one huge game (by BT1 conversion author), but it didn't finish, unfortunately.

I played it for a while just a few days ago. I wish their energy would be spent on cloning something better, like Goldbox series :) BT is just so... neanderthal.

Agreed. Goldbox is seriously underrated.

Fortunately, they were kind enough to release FRUA, so you can mod it to this day and make your own quests with relative ease. :)

Saxon1974

Prophet
I bought the game packaging and all but its on my list of games to play when I get more time.

Very nice packaging too, definitely quality box and manual.

I loved the BT games though so Im sure I will like it.

Melcar

Arcane
Yeah, it's entertaining. One of the last games I actually purchased because:

1) I could not find any torrents at the time
2) They had a Linux client
3) I could not torrent the Linux client
4) I liked the demo

Had fun with it for a while, though I wouldn't pay more than $20 for such a game (nowadays). I do kinda beat myself over not getting the "full" retail package though.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Download from Gamershell stopped right at 99% with an error yesterday.

I think this demo more or less is no longer available on the internet.

Melcar

Arcane
http://www.devilwhiskey.com/pages/download.html

Try the fourth mirror. It's currently downloading for me, but very slowly. No one else seems to have it around anymore. Even worse for me is that my Linux binaries don't work anymnore, I suspect due to outdated binaries and/or some incompatibility with newer drivers; I'm too lazy to resolve it now though, so fuck it, the game is shit.

Multi-headed Cow

I thought Wyrmlord was back at first. I was scared.

So, who's betting that CWK disappears due to spending all free time playing the game, and who's betting that CWK suddenly starts posting advertising spam in Russian directing us towards some torrent registration site where they put a keylogger on you computer?

Luzur

Good Sir
i got a full version, and the unofficial 2.01 patch too.

(it is supposed to be a full version i got from a friend, but i havent even unzipped it yet though...)

tindrli

Arcane
Luzur said:
i got a full version, and the unofficial 2.01 patch too.

(it is supposed to be a full version i got from a friend, but i havent even unzipped it yet though...)

your call then :)

Luzur

Good Sir
i dont have your phone number, and international calls costs a fortune.

R00FLES

well anyway, heres the file.

Devil.Whiskey.rar - 157.62MB

but remember, you must delete this within 24 hours or you could be sentenced to huge fines for piracy.

support the developers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom