Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD buildings

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
great job, VD. I'm so glad you delayed the game so you can make it look like a shitty NWN mod.

Sabregirl

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Thanks, looks interesting. Whippo is right though, the rune thing doesn't fit well into the gameworld.

Well if you feel like using it, go right ahead. I made it for use in my mods for morrowind, purely out of my own imagination so you wouldn't have to worry about any copyrights or anything.

-S

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
@ NL: I'm glad that you appreciate my efforts. I have spent many a month researching NWN and what made it so awesome. I think I've finally got it!

@ Sabregirl: Thanks.

Spazmo

Erudite
Flashback said:
Same map, loading screens are only between locations.

I like this a whole lot. I never understood why hardly any games besides Fallout and Arcanum did this. It's just a pain in the ass to have to load a tiny little map every time you enter some house in town.

ExMonk

Scholar
No runes, no rpg. Simple as that.

Also does the world react differently to you, the in-game character, depending on which building you enter, and the order you enter them? Does the game keep track of buildings entered? That's a big deal for me. These are things I want to know.

wesleyclark

Augur
ExMonk
Does the game keep track of buildings entered?

There's an opportunity not to be missed, here. VD could collect these tracked stats, and display them in the Author section, beside the Avatars.

It would have both the inclusiveness that the Bioware title lists have, with the bragging rights of an XBOX LIVE account.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Yes. We have developed an innovative result-measuring technique called Achievements (patent-pending). The game keeps track of the number of buildings you've entered, calculates and displays your preferred building type, and reasons for entering (for example, you prefer to enter buildings to slaughter the residents and steal everything, or you prefer to enter buildings and attempt to spread Christianity - this one was custom made just for you, ExMonk)

obediah

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
great job, VD. I'm so glad you delayed the game so you can make it look like a shitty NWN mod.

Zing! I agree completely - but it's his game and It's obvious that nothing good is being cut from the game, we just need to wait longer. I can deal with that. The 3D upgrade may mean the difference between playing this one with the lights off or on. If it has some sexy shadows I may even take a few pictures to save for later. ;)

ExMonk

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Yes. We have developed an innovative result-measuring technique called Achievements (patent-pending). The game keeps track of the number of buildings you've entered, calculates and displays your preferred building type, and reasons for entering (for example, you prefer to enter buildings to slaughter the residents and steal everything, or you prefer to enter buildings and attempt to spread Christianity - this one was custom made just for you, ExMonk)
Sniff. You've made me so happy. Sniff.

ExMonk

Scholar
What about my first question? Does the game world react differently to you depending on which building you enter and the order you enter them? I want to know whether my choices really matter.

Also, will the compass direction I choose to travel matter in-game? If I go north, will I alienate people of the south, for example? If I walk east during morning will my character develop wrinkles around his eyes from squinting in the sun? Or will he lose his sight altogether? Will in-game botox merchants approach me because of this?

These are the things that keep me up at night.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Oh just shut up, ExMonk and stop derailing thread with stupid arguments.

See, VD has showed pretty sucky screens and you can bash him in so many on-topic things. No, you have to go the psychodelic way. Come on, make something like Lunch did, try dude, you can do it!

Vault Dweller

Developer
ExMonk said:
What about my first question? Does the game world react differently to you depending on which building you enter and the order you enter them? I want to know whether my choices really matter.
Yes, they do. For example, if you decide to enter a store, the game will immediately reward your choice by offering you an option to buy/sell items. If you enter another building, the smart AI would recognize that and wouldn't allow you to conduct any trading there. Far out, eh?

Also, will the compass direction I choose to travel matter in-game? If I go north, will I alienate people of the south, for example?
The direction matters and matters a lot. If you go north, you won't be able to kill people of the south. Duh!

If I walk east during morning will my character develop wrinkles around his eyes from squinting in the sun? Or will he lose his sight altogether? Will in-game botox merchants approach me because of this?
We decided to leave such important issues to your imagination. Considering that you already have an imaginary friend, I'm sure that won't be a problem for you.

These are the things that keep me up at night.
Try masturbating

ExMonk

Scholar
Kamaz said:
Oh just shut up, ExMonk and stop derailing thread with stupid arguments.

See, VD has showed pretty sucky screens and you can bash him in so many on-topic things. No, you have to go the psychodelic way. Come on, make something like Lunch did, try dude, you can do it!

Arguments? One of the things that attracted me to this place was that the people here understood humor, sarcasm, and irony. But obviously not EVERYONE here, right Kamaz?

Gwendo

Augur
It's looking good.

The textures in the top of the walls don't match with the ones in the wall's face... But that's just neatpicking (or whatever the word).

But it sure won't scare out graphic whores. :)

LlamaGod

Cipher
less bumpmapped legomen magical dwarf pants

more game and demo and free download

Astromarine

Erudite
What do you mean it's gibberish? It says:

On the axe -

Blade
Wooden Handle
Place For Hand

On the Dagger -
Handle
Weakest Place
Blade

At least I think it does. I'm confused now. Mommy.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Astromarine said:
What do you mean it's gibberish? It says:

On the axe -

Blade
Wooden Handle
Place For Hand

On the Dagger -
Handle
Weakest Place
Blade.
Told ya. Gibberish. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom