Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD character - knight

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Jets suck. GIants RULE your puny Long Island teams ass!

ichpokhudezh

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
ichpokhudezh said:
A person playing a praetorian/knight/whatever, would not limit himself to one-time device. So - where is the scabbard for the short sword/dagger?
I see now. Have you see this thread? http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9650

The problem is that there are many weapons (axes, hammers, xbows, swords, etc - some 2H, some 1H). It would be pointless to decorate a model with all possible weapons like a Christmas tree. So, the only weapon that's shown is the one you are currently using.
Hmm. Looked briefly through the thread. I don't see any discussion of having extra weapons rendered on the model, am I missing something?

I see your point about currently active item being the only one rendered. Sounds good enough.
Anyhow, since only 2 weapons/items can be equipped in the 'ready' slots (ala Fallout) it would be totally kewl to have the other item rendered in some 'inactive' manner. This might be a wee bit too much to ask at this point, probably :)

Vault Dweller said:
Take look at your heavy fighter. Maille is a heavy armor (compared to articulate plate armor) but it is flexible. Breast plate can be made light (somewhat) but it is not flexible.
So, what would you suggest?
Something like this

PS. somewhat better desciption
pps. back side pic

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
ichpokhudezh said:
Hmm. Looked briefly through the thread. I don't see any discussion of having extra weapons rendered on the model, am I missing something?
Not about exta weapons, but about where you draw the weapon from when you enter combat, where you keep the weapons, and what your avatar shows. As you can see that's related to secondary weapons as well.

Anyhow, since only 2 weapons/items can be equipped in the 'ready' slots (ala Fallout) it would be totally kewl to have the other item rendered in some 'inactive' manner. This might be a wee bit too much to ask at this point, probably :)
We will consider that

Something like this
We already have that armor modelled. We don't have monsters in the game, so we are trying to create a variety of different looking armor styles to make different characters more visually distinctive. We call this one "praetorian" internally which refers to the armor. You'd be free to decide what your praetorian looks like, but most NPC praetorians in the game will look like that. In the game they have the status of officers.

ichpokhudezh

Liturgist
We will consider that
It will be much more than most games out there do. Probably for a reason - it brings along many problems, I presume.

Anyhow, about the shape of the armor. I figure you are going for more of a gothic look with this one, ifine then. But it is still much too tight (more of a corset than a battle equipment) and much too flat to make a weapon slide away.

corvax

Augur
Major_Blackhart said:
Jets suck. GIants RULE your puny Long Island teams ass!
Hey, hey, hey! I'm a Giants fan but I work at the stadium so I get to see both teams. But I have to admit, it was nice to see 62 yrs old Vinny get a win considering that 2 weeks ago he was at home watching the game from his couch.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You know, I noticed this about the Jets, that they're fans are mostly Long Island types, with a few from Jersey. Not many NYC fans of the Jets. The NYC and North/Central Jersey is usually rife with Giants fans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom