Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum avatars

Tails

Arbiter
It would be pretty cool if you use Bedokaan alternative sprite also, Cloaked Figure.

ScottishMartialArts said:
I'm sorry but Arcanum really was a fucking ugly game. Didn't hold a freakin' candle to the the Fallout or IE games.
The genderless creature speaks the truth.

Really, CF, the portraits are cool, but the in-game sprites are fucking horrid.

The gallery's missing several portraits, I added all the missing ones to T-A's gallery a year or so ago (TA's gallery was the same as here). DU can take them from there, I guess.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Cloaked Figure said:
Here are some more avatars.

It really is a shame that the max size for avatars is 100x100. These sprites are beautiful but look like shit when re-sized:
Use a better re-sizing algorithm and save as .png with alpha-channel transparency.

76017708.gif
otherbalack.gif
pork.png

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Cloaked Figure said:
I've left out the dragaron one's because they exceed 6 kbs when saved as a PNG (even your example above is around 7 kbs)
Bro, you need to check the file size on some of the avatars we have.

tbootsnx2.png
bl106.png
morganr.jpg

Anything less than 20kb is cool. Even if a handful are over 20kb, it's no drama.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Cloaked Figure said:
What programs are you using and which method for re-sampling?
I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I resample using its "Smart size" option (the other options are bicubic, bilinear, pixel resize and weighted average).

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I tried one of the new avatars and it gave me a virus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom