Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Noob

Murk

Arcane
I used the key on it, didn't use any fate-points in the game, the only time i'd consider using a fate point would be to get around the thieves at shrouded hills, though i can't if you get one by then though or if the thieves are the first fate point you get.

Woreczko

Novice
Hi!
Do you happen to know, where one could find book "The Hand" for Ogdin on the Isle of Despair? I got through game twice and still haven`t managed to find it :oops:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You have to get it *before* the Isle of Despair I think. It's in a locked barrel somewhere near or on Teach's ship.

Kz3r0

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
You have to get it *before* the Isle of Despair I think. It's in a locked barrel somewhere near or on Teach's ship.
It's in the barrell on the left,in front of Teach's ship, only you have to lockpick it.
I don't know if you can find it on the boat when you are on the Isle of Despair however you can return to Ashbury before encountering Thorvald if you want,I have done so but I had high persuasion at the time.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
duh that was really bad quest placement imo by Troika. I was wondering about that the whole 5-6 times I replayed the game. 'Where's the book?!' I went to Tarant's library etc and could not find it anywhere.

Woreczko

Novice
True. I don`t like checking every container there is - it kills roleplaying for me. Why can`t Ogdin enjoy other books in my possesion? Hunters hunted was a decent lecture IMHO ;)

Kz3r0

Arcane
RK47 said:
duh that was really bad quest placement imo by Troika. I was wondering about that the whole 5-6 times I replayed the game. 'Where's the book?!' I went to Tarant's library etc and could not find it anywhere.
Generally there are many solutions to the quests, but in this case they have missed the point.
Like a thief you can sneak in the house or steal the key from Ogdin, with high persuasion you have access granted, like a warrior you can fight your way in, really seems a random quest just for give some xp points to sneaky characters who don't fight much.

spiwak

Novice
On my first playthrough as kind of a jack-of-all-trades leaning towards charisma and thievery and a few spells. Game rocks, to be sure, and I personally don't even mind the combat.

Anyways, I went to the Ancient Temple, talked to Torian Kel, got the dragon blood from the Pool, and now when I try to go back into the temple the game freezes? I can get to it on the map but when I click on the stairs the mouse just keeps freezing. I have the 1.0.7.4 as well as the latest Drog patch....what's the deal?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Try deleting everything in the "modules\Arcanum\maps" folder, perhaps your map cache got corrupted.

spiwak

Novice
Didn't work. Not sure what might have happened. Other than this little glitch and some occasional slow-down after running it for a while (like an hour), the game's been running like a champ. Should I PM you a savegame, perhaps, Drog?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
In case of a slowdown, run the game in the safe mode, it really helps.

Did you start your current game with the same version of the UAP? Were there any crashes during your play through?

Seems to be a strange bug, actually. It may be a corrupted save. When the loading cursor freezes, it usually means that the map data in your save and the actual map are different.

spiwak

Novice
Yea, been running the latest patch the whole time (as well as the extra pack and the restored models) the whole time. I'll try going back to another save game for now. I'm wouldn't know what the game was like before the unofficial patches since I haven't played the game before, but regardless, excellent work on the patch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom