Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Soundtrack

Yeah I just love hearing that same string theme tune rpeated every 1 and half minutes!
oh and that single battle track repeated every single time someone evil even looks my way!

After the 100 time its like drilling my ears out with a dentists plaque remover.

The soundtrack WAS excellent but there was just not enough of it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The unofficial patch puts the soundtrack to better use but I have to agree with Noodle Toodles. In-game, it got annoying after a while. This is music you're actually better off listening to without playing the game. And you fucking should, it really is some of the best music made for a computer game. Almost on par with Mark Morgan's stuff.

made

Arcane
Guess I was the only one who would turn off ingame music and play the Towns theme in winamp instead for hours on end. It never gets old.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Somehow I never felt an orgasm while listening to the lonely violins of Arcanum's soundtrack. Yet I never managed to turn it off. Guess it fits and adds to the game atmosphere perfectly and is one of the things I secretly love but openly not.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
The unofficial patch restores two tracks - The Tarant Sewers and The Vendigroth Wastes. They aren't really unused or cut-out since they were included in the listing on the official site, they just never been properly coded in the game, most probably due to negligence.

I think it tells a lot about the development process if two tracks that Ben Houge and his team have spent a lot of time working on were simply "overlooked".

Actually, I recommend that you read Ben Houge's notes on the soundtrack if you haven't already. It really shows how much attention and love have been poured in this work.

Very nice read! Makes one wonder if other game musicians put that much thought and effort into their own games.

Too bad it goes unappreciated as Troika is dead and the average gamer is:

I reinstalled Arcanum a couple months ago without being able to find the instruction booklet. It was almost prohibitive to play.

WHY CAN"T I HEAL! WHY CANT I THROW ANYTHING! Argh! I don't know how do I equip this?!

Something to that extent. Took me a long time to figure key gameplay quirks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom