Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum teleport script problem

rroyo

Novice
This area is the closest thing I could see to a Modding and Scripting section, so....

Here's the deal: I'm working on a hack that'll add access to modules without messing up the main game's level scheme too much. What I've got here is a script will automatically tell your PC's followers to wait (if you have any) and teleport the PC into a module.
It works well enough on the first time through - but - if you reload the save without completely exiting the game and try to go to the module again, the game crashes.

Can someone please tell me why this is happening?

0. dialog 1

1. return and SKIP default

2. loop for Anyone in Group (PC and NPC, (single player)

3. have critter Any Follower (single player) wait for his leader

4. fade and teleport: pass 60 seconds, play 9035 sound, play 0 movie, and teleport Triggerer to map 5081 at X:2145 Y:2019

5. spell eye candy: play 1202 on Triggerer

6. loop end

7. return and RUN default

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When you say loop end which loop do you mean?
Seems like there is a implicit loop end after telling the followers to wait.

rroyo

Novice
SCO: Thanks! Your comment got me thinking - by swapping lines 3 and 4, the problem seems to be solved.
Teleporting the PC first, then telling the followers to wait is counter-intuitive, but hey - as long as it works....

Just in case someone ever wonders - line 5 works more consistantly were it's at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom