Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Arcturus - The curse and loss of divinity = Ongoing translation

deama

Prophet
Also, where the hell can I even get this game from?

It's available on the Iso Zone.
Hey, Isozone's dead. Are there any other links?
I lost my copy, I don't suppose you happened to find it or the OP can reupload it again?

EDIT: Alright I think I found it: http://www.legendsworld.net/site/download.php?mirror=8782#Download
go to that link then to the download link, it'll bring up a browser which you can then navigate to the arcturus folder and download the .mdf/.mds files (iso alternative). As far as I can tell this isn't a demo, and this is the japanese version as the translation patch will only work on the japanese version.

Last edited:

dudestial

Novice
You can use a no CD hex edit to get past that, but the game runs at like 12 fps at 1080p, so I'm not sure it's working correctly, considering the game's from 2001.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
You can use a no CD hex edit to get past that, but the game runs at like 12 fps at 1080p, so I'm not sure it's working correctly, considering the game's from 2001.
Tried lowering the screen resolution? What hardware you've got?

IIRC a lot of things are tied to the FPS and it ran like ass when I tried running it in 1680x1050... I can try running it in 1080p when I get the time to transfer it to my current rig.

deama

Prophet
Runs fine for me at 1080p, I think it runs at 60fps? I haven't checked.
I'm just running Windows 7 service pack 1 64x with aero disabled.

Vagiel

Augur
Hello everyone, i am looking to setting up this childhood obsession of mine and I am desperately looking for the DVD Japanese version. I have only been able to find the 2 CD rom Japanese version and even though i have made it work with the hex edit, I am not sure about the version it is and if it needs to be patched. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

deama

Prophet
Hello everyone, i am looking to setting up this childhood obsession of mine and I am desperately looking for the DVD Japanese version. I have only been able to find the 2 CD rom Japanese version and even though i have made it work with the hex edit, I am not sure about the version it is and if it needs to be patched. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A while ago I found this thread myself and went out searching for copies of this game, getting it patched, etc...
I believe I couldn't find the right copy, or something like that but Helly provided me with a link, I think it's dead now though.
The patch I've got is actually a bit more updated than the one he posted here as I found his post on another forum.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I can do this, but if I can't then mods just message me and I'll take it down, I want to put it here to the public incase anyone comes looking for this game but can't find anything for it.

Here's the google drive link to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VMbbNYkon90_B842sNcd2NFrNktN3r09/view?usp=sharing
It comes with the game, the patch (which must be applied after installing the game), and some sort of strategy guide (I have no idea why it's there) and a perfect save if you want it (I forgot why I put it there).
I believe the copy is the japanese one as otherwise the patch wouldn't have worked when I used it.

Vagiel

Augur
Thank you so much for this mate, it's greatly appreciated! It looks like it is the korean version of the DVD but since it works for you it must be ok. Unfortunately I have some issues with the resolution so i can't verify yet.

IMPA

Barely Literate
Dude I NEED this game... does someone have the JP DVD image?? I couldn't find it online and I couldn't buy it either (out of stock on Amazon)

IMPA

Barely Literate
A while ago I found this thread myself and went out searching for copies of this game, getting it patched, etc...
I believe I couldn't find the right copy, or something like that but Helly provided me with a link, I think it's dead now though.
The patch I've got is actually a bit more updated than the one he posted here as I found his post on another forum.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I can do this, but if I can't then mods just message me and I'll take it down, I want to put it here to the public incase anyone comes looking for this game but can't find anything for it.

Here's the google drive link to it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VMbbNYkon90_B842sNcd2NFrNktN3r09/view?usp=sharing
It comes with the game, the patch (which must be applied after installing the game), and some sort of strategy guide (I have no idea why it's there) and a perfect save if you want it (I forgot why I put it there).
I believe the copy is the japanese one as otherwise the patch wouldn't have worked when I used it.
That copy is Korean DVD... it works only in the very beginning of the game, then it goes full bugged mess once you get into the boat (at least in my PC). Everything seems to be fine until it doesn't.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
My mother's sister's old friend's brother's former girlfriend's distant cousin's friend was kind enough to donate a copy after forcibly donating both of his kidneys to fund its acquisition.
You can get it here.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Missed this one, looks like something I might like. tnx for translation and the other needed files

Jinn

Arcane
Hey, Helly! Looks like this nice video on the history of the game might be putting your hard work into the hands of more people!

Hope so. It deserves the attention.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Thanks to Falcom for the Wapanese localization of these games.

Until Troubleshooter I had zero interest in Kwarean games, but both Arcturus and Rhapsody of Zephyr look p. intriguing.

Falcom also localised some obscure Chinese games, shame they didn't do Castle (天地劫序傳).

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Until Troubleshooter I had zero interest in Kwarean games, but both Arcturus and Rhapsody of Zephyr look p. intriguing.
There are quite a few decent (or just interesting) games, but there are also tons of crap. Falcom did good by localizing a few of these, even if they replaced some of the art in Rhapsody of Zephyr with generic anime portraits.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
SvgOldh.png

don't look the gift horse in the mouth and all that

what can you do

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hey, Helly! Looks like this nice video on the history of the game might be putting your hard work into the hands of more people!

Hope so. It deserves the attention.

Thanks, but I'm still annoyed by the fact that my last release was buggy and that I can't solve it for the life of me...
One day, i'll try and finish it as it deserves but I fear I lack motivation these days for doing any kind of translation.
Well, unless I finally manage to decode RoZ but that's another can of worms altogether!

Jinn

Arcane
Thanks, but I'm still annoyed by the fact that my last release was buggy and that I can't solve it for the life of me...
One day, i'll try and finish it as it deserves but I fear I lack motivation these days for doing any kind of translation.

Hey man, it's better than the zero translations we'd have right now if you hadn't put the time and effort in! Still very thankful, even if it didn't get quite to the point you would have liked to have left it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm trying this now, really enjoying the story (great job on the translation Helly !), but the amount of trash combat is insane... first chapter is basically open world, with no fast travel, no clear objectives and huge areas with respawning enemies between each city/point of interest. There's a place you can go to create new spells, going there takes like half an hour of pure boredom...

Any tips or workaround? At this point I would welcome even an insta-win battles cheat code :/

deama

Prophet
I'm trying this now, really enjoying the story (great job on the translation Helly !), but the amount of trash combat is insane... first chapter is basically open world, with no fast travel, no clear objectives and huge areas with respawning enemies between each city/point of interest. There's a place you can go to create new spells, going there takes like half an hour of pure boredom...

Any tips or workaround? At this point I would welcome even an insta-win battles cheat code :/
You can try speed hacking it to help with the battles and tracking around the place.

Deleted member 7219

I downloaded the game using the link from zwanzig_zwoelf and the translation in OP.

Can't run the game. Anyone else had this problem?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Can't run the game. Anyone else had this problem?
Couldn't get it to run well on Windows 10, but ran perfectly on a Windows XP virtual machine. Just don't try insanely high resolutions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom