Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are societies represented well in RPG games?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Skyrim is a total nonsense.
Why there is more bandits than Villagers or non-highwaymen?
Why there are many Bandits camp just outside capitals and cities?Isn't that dangerous for them at being expose to the guard and encouring the risk of being thrown in jail?
Why the guards ain't cleaned the bandits camps?
Why the guard never sleep?
Why there is no politics crisis between different cities ?( instead of the shitty "oh i'm pissed of Ulfric Stormcloack shit" by Baalgruf( i had to check out their names because they are that bad written i don't even remind their names))
Why the world feels so static?
Why everybody react exactly the same at my presence???(Daggerfall's npcs react diferently and that game is fucking 24 years old.)

Sounds like very fertile ground for a modder.

And speaking of Morrowind I just remembered another one. Almalexia is apparently offended by people flying around so she used her awesome godlike powers to stop people from flying. Of course in reality players are forbidden from flying because otherwise they could easily see that there is nothing beyond the city walls.

She should also forbid people from talking to her, since her lies are so transparant.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
And speaking of Morrowind I just remembered another one. Almalexia is apparently offended by people flying around so she used her awesome godlike powers to stop people from flying. Of course in reality players are forbidden from flying because otherwise they could easily see that there is nothing beyond the city walls.
She should also forbid people from talking to her, since her lies are so transparant.

She feels like a Saturday morning cartoon villain in Tribunal in general.

Duralux for Durabux

Every developer has his peak, a career curve if you will, not unlike professional sport athletes. Avellone, Fargo, Henkel, Rolston, etc. I'm talking specifically about the work he had done for Morrowind and synergy with Kirkbride which will never be repeated. He had very little to do with Oblivion and was pushed to the sidelines. I have no idea where he is now or whats changed.
Henkel:
001.jpg

Rolston made all of the bad things in morrowind (all of the FedEx quests literally) Douglas Goodall played all of the elder scrolls games entirely in the team and guess what? he made some nice features in Morrowind (BECAUSE him INSTEAD ROLSTON PLAYED DAGGERFALL AND ARENA(Lol rolston never passed the first dungeon in Arena what a casual)
Morrowind is such an overrated game and a very dissapointing one.
Here is another hint:
"Douglas Goodall:
The thing that surprised me the most was also what disappointed me the most: procedural content. Arena and Daggerfall had more in common with random games (Rogue) than with traditional RPGs (Ultima et al.). Arena and Daggerfall were way ahead of their time, perhaps too far ahead of their time. I felt Morrowind was a step backwards in some ways.

I was also disappointed with the main quest in Morrowind. Frankly, the main quest never made sense to me, and I felt it contradicted too much existing lore. I couldn't get emotionally involved in the main quest or discern the motivations of the key players."
Ken rolston made the main quest and it sucks because of how much linear it is. (You are the hero here beat the bad guy daddy Dagoth (which seems more friendly then Vivec and you can't even side with the 6th house what a disappointment).

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom