Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any adventure games similar to Planescape: Torment

roshan

Arcane
Theres no game Ive played that is comparable to Planescape Torment. And its not an adventure game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's true, it's an RTS because you fight in real time and can control up to six units that have stats.

Keldorn

Scholar
PS:T can deeeeeestroy mocktalkers and provocateurs, lest ye nary behold an ambidextrous aponaplexor.

I say unto thee !

Borgleplex !

MetalCraze

Arcane
it's not exactly what you want now but I'm sure if you're into more talk less shooting stuff you gonna like Blade Runner.
it's very non-linear, has 12 endings and has strong choices and consequences.

xantrius

Liturgist
skyway said:
it's not exactly what you want now but I'm sure if you're into more talk less shooting stuff you gonna like Blade Runner.

hmm, I'll probably give that one a try a some point.

MetalCraze

Arcane
xantrius said:
skyway said:

ah yes - I've missed this jewel - discovered it only month ago or so. it was a very pleasant surprise for me. and a proof that Westwood can make not just mainstream RTS's but very atmospheric and quality games. btw Joe Cucan (that Kane guy from C&C) wrote the scenario (and it's really good) and also voiced one of the characters.
other than that Westwood also invited actors from the original movie to do the voice-acting - something not seen in todays games-based-on-movies.

I have completed the game for two times now. got 2 different endings. got 2 next to different walkthroughs (the game actually adjusts depending on your choices) and I still haven't got the clear story. it's where C&C is kicking in - you've made a mistake - sorry but you won't learn this particular storyline candy now.

xantrius

Liturgist
skyway said:
xantrius said:
skyway said:

ah yes - I've missed this jewel - discovered it only month ago or so. it was a very pleasant surprise for me. and a proof that Westwood can make not just mainstream RTS's but very atmospheric and quality games. btw Joe Cucan (that Kane guy from C&C) wrote the scenario (and it's really good) and also voiced one of the characters.
other than that Westwood also invited actors from the original movie to do the voice-acting - something not seen in todays games-based-on-movies.

I have completed the game for two times now. got 2 different endings. got 2 next to different walkthroughs (the game actually adjusts depending on your choices) and I still haven't got the clear story. it's where C&C is kicking in - you've made a mistake - sorry but you won't learn this particular storyline candy now.

Got it on my try eventually list .^^

Callaxes

Arbiter
I recomed the Myst series if you desperately want something fantasy. But if you don't mind modern history, the best adventure game I can think of is Titanic: Adventure Out of Time. One of the best storylines in gaming history!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom