Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any good CRPGs made with RPG Maker?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Back to the original intent of the thread, to find some RPG maker games that are more western cRPGs than jRPG, I found one that looks like one among an ungodly amount of jRPGs on itch.io
Can't say I like the visuals, but it's the only one I found that vaguely looks cRPG-like

https://pvgames.itch.io/aleph

ELLULM.png
or%2FtO4.png
Check out laxius power,laxius force and now laxius soul games.

I wonder why almost every single RPG-Maker developer is content with using these abominable, shitty, slapsticklike standard sound effects RPG-Maker comes with instead of getting some custom ones? I can't understand why you give years of your life to create a game and then use the cheapest sounds available. For me hearing these effects gives me the impression of the game being cheap itself, even if it's a masterpiece.

MerchantKing

Learned

d1nolore

Savant
Pokemon was a gameboy game from the 90’s, I honestly don’t understand the fascination with these for pc today.

jungl

Augur
99% percent of the games in rpgmaker have the dejavu effect with their random encounters, sounds and system mechanics. Sure there are decent titles you can play but its like listening to thrash music over and over and over till it eventually rots the brain. There are exceptions with games like ruina fairy tale of the forgotten ruins which feels more like a adventure map traversable choose your own adventure game but ya for the most part I hope you enjoy early 4 man jrpgs titles.

hacknhack

Literate
Last edited:

hacknhack

Literate
I found a couple of RPG maker games on Steam that try to emulate NES/early SNES visuals, which I find rather pleasing. No idea if any of these games are any good

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1830040/False_Skies/

ss_e7e1f4ae8af14143089fc74e33426c461b558acf.600x338.jpg
ss_96ee0a9978b31e67e50885e0a3a2b3f1fa0ed47c.600x338.jpg

False Skies was ackchyually made in the Official Hamster Republic Role Playing Game Construction Engine. True story.

https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Main_Page

I should have mentioned I remember people being impressed with False Skies having deeper systems of party creation, classes and stats fiddling that your average JRPG home brew. That and big dungeons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom