Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there situations in combat that should lower XP rewards?

hexer

We all know that you can solve quests in various ways and those offer different XP rewards. But combat XP remains the same.

Now, should the player receive smaller amounts of XP - for example - your party members were hurt terribly or died, you used a minigun to kill a rat as a 18th level character, etc.

What do you think?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Depends on the objective of the fight in question.

This ties in with having objectives in a fight that are different from- kill 'em all.

hiver

I dont know... really, seems like a thing that is a bit too much work while its not really that important - and there are tons of other much more important things to work on.

I would like to see some diminishing XP returns to minimize grinding of xp from various critters and random encounters in a specific area, but other then that i guess the usual xp system is ... ok?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom