Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Infinity - Feudal Japan and 16th century Germany (for now)

Tyrr

Liturgist
But I must say its very brave to make a game these days about a nigger going around killing Asians.

ADL

Prophet
https://insider-gaming.com/assassins-creed-red-exclusive-details/
Officially, we don’t know much apart from the game being set in feudal Japan and will be connected to the ‘Infinity’ hub – a central launcher for the Assassin’s Creed franchise moving forward. On the other hand, leaks and reports have shed light on what to expect, including our own reporting that revealed the title will have two protagonists, Naoe and Yasuke.

Today, I wanted to dive a bit deeper into the gameplay mechanics and engine of Red, because frankly, it seems like it’s being built for a ‘new era’ of the franchise.

To start, the Assassin’s Creed franchise as a whole isn’t moving to a new engine necessarily, but will be using a substantial evolution of it named the ‘Anvil Pipeline’. Sources explained that the Anvil Pipeline allows all of the various Assassin’s Creed studios (of which there are many) to work from one unified branch, rather than having different versions and branches. The most means that moving forward, Assassin’s Creed will benefit visually from the lines of ray-traced global illumination and virtual geometry.

The move to the Anvil Pipeline has meant that the teams have had to completely overhaul everything in the series, too, including animations, its parkour system, dynamic weather, and more.

Combat in Assassin’s Creed Red was described to me as being somewhat similar to Valhalla, but featuring a lot more gore, including blood, and decapitations. Stealth also plays a major role in Red, somewhat akin to Splinter Cell, the player can extinguish torches, hide in tall grass and bushes, and even go prone whenever they please.

Footage provided to Insider Gaming under the condition that the footage does not go public also showed a major evolution to the Valhalla Settlement feature. In Red, players will be able to build their settlement in a big way named the ‘Hideout’. The Hideout is where the player will be able to build, at their own will, the likes of an armory, dojo, alter, and more. These buildings are customizable, too, from being able to pick the building location, to being able to choose your roof design to the interior layout and where you can display the likes of your weapons and armor can be displayed.

Overall, the Assassin’s Creed franchise is taking a gigantic leap and our first glimpse will be with Assassin’s Creed Red, which is set to be revealed in the coming months.

So, I wasn't even aware of this thread, or of Assassin's Creed Code Red or whatever. I think I read years ago there was some Ass Creed project in the works about feudal Japan, and I love the setting, so I thought, cool, but you know, Ubisoft...

Today, I was reading about upcoming open world games on some gaming website, and I see Ass Creed Red listed, open world feudal Japan... I am thinking fuck this sounds good, let me read up on it. I google it, and there is an image on the wiki of a "shinobi" character, on the roof or something, holding a one handed sword. And I think to myself, fucking dumbass Ubisoft, only these morons could do feudal Japan without the fucking symbolic two-handed katana.

But then I keep reading the wiki, and it's like there are going to be 2 playable characters, a samurai and a shinobi. So I am like, ok, this sounds better, I will just play the samurai. But then I keep thinking back to Odyssey/Valhalla, if there's two, one of them is going to be a chick, and I bet with Ubisoft galaxy brains, the samurai will be a chick and the shinobi will be the guy, cause ya know, woke shit. So of course the next sentence on the wiki says EXACTLY that, and I groan to myself and think, fucking UBISOFT. But then I keep thinking, all they need to do is make the guy black, and the woke circle will be complete. And the next sentence on the wiki says EXACTLY that. I just started fucking laughing.

Good god, these idiots are like a parody of themselves. A feudal Japan ass creed game at last, so they make it with a female samurai and a black shinobi. Seriously Ubisoft?

Softgels

Scholar
Main menu leaked

ACRed.jpg

Ash

Arcane
Today, I was reading about upcoming open world games on some gaming website, and I see Ass Creed Red listed, open world feudal Japan... I am thinking fuck this sounds good, let me read up on it.
Assassin's Creed <-> Good

Pick one.

Codex casuals at it again. I don't know why the lord has forsaken you, leading you on a path to consume such worthless games in ernest, but I'll pray for you. The forces of decline are strong.

I wont pray, because that would be silly. I am just roleplaying as an alternative to calling you all low standards retards for the 100th time. :smug:

ADL

Prophet

EXCLUSIVE – EARLY DETAILS ON ASSASSIN’S CREED HEXE​

assassins-creed-hexe.png

Details on Assassin’s Creed Hexe are few and far between. Officially, the series’ Vice President and Executive Producer, Marc-Alexis Côté, alluded that the game will be different from past entries and developed by Ubisoft Montreal. From the game’s official tease, we know that it will lean heavily into witchcraft, with the game rumored to be set in Central Europe during the 16th-century Holy Roman Empire (via Bloomberg).
Insider Gaming understands that the game is still in a relatively early stage of development and is expected to be released in 2026 on the Infinity platform. Hexe is understood to be a more linear experience compared to its predecessors with some elements of open-world exploration, somewhat akin to some of the earlier Assassin’s Creed games. As already reported by Insider Gaming, Hexe is poised to have a single female protagonist, currently named Elsa, who has some supernatural abilities.
While details on all of her abilities are unclear, footage sent to Insider Gaming under the condition that it not go public shows off one of these abilities. In the footage, Elsa is seemingly being hunted by 16th-century German soldiers (image of what the soldiers look like here) and uses a spell to possess a nearby cat. The player then controls the cat and uses it to distract the soldiers by knocking over a glass bottle, which smashes on the ground and diverts the soldier’s attention. The gameplay provided to Insider Gaming depicts a dark and gloomy setting in the cobbled streets of the city.
Sources also outlined that the plan is to have Fear System in the game inspired by the Assassin’s Creed Syndicate ‘Jack The Ripper’ DLC. While the exact details of the system are unknown, it isn’t difficult to see how this system, or at least a version of it, can be easily implemented into Hexe. The 16th-century Witch Trials saw up to 80,000 suspected witches executed between 1500 and 1660, so some form of fear system makes sense for the setting.
https://insider-gaming.com/assassins-creed-hexe-early-details/

Lol, they are doubling down on history, eh... The single female protagonist with supernatural abilities should go along really well with the female samurai in their medieval Japan Ass Creed. KCD2 should really clean house with these woke jokes.

Elttharion

Learned

assassins-creed-hexe.png

Details on Assassin’s Creed Hexe are few and far between. Officially, the series’ Vice President and Executive Producer, Marc-Alexis Côté, alluded that the game will be different from past entries and developed by Ubisoft Montreal. From the game’s official tease, we know that it will lean heavily into witchcraft, with the game rumored to be set in Central Europe during the 16th-century Holy Roman Empire (via Bloomberg).
Insider Gaming understands that the game is still in a relatively early stage of development and is expected to be released in 2026 on the Infinity platform. Hexe is understood to be a more linear experience compared to its predecessors with some elements of open-world exploration, somewhat akin to some of the earlier Assassin’s Creed games. As already reported by Insider Gaming, Hexe is poised to have a single female protagonist, currently named Elsa, who has some supernatural abilities.
While details on all of her abilities are unclear, footage sent to Insider Gaming under the condition that it not go public shows off one of these abilities. In the footage, Elsa is seemingly being hunted by 16th-century German soldiers (image of what the soldiers look like here) and uses a spell to possess a nearby cat. The player then controls the cat and uses it to distract the soldiers by knocking over a glass bottle, which smashes on the ground and diverts the soldier’s attention. The gameplay provided to Insider Gaming depicts a dark and gloomy setting in the cobbled streets of the city.
Sources also outlined that the plan is to have Fear System in the game inspired by the Assassin’s Creed Syndicate ‘Jack The Ripper’ DLC. While the exact details of the system are unknown, it isn’t difficult to see how this system, or at least a version of it, can be easily implemented into Hexe. The 16th-century Witch Trials saw up to 80,000 suspected witches executed between 1500 and 1660, so some form of fear system makes sense for the setting.
The protagonist is a freaking cat lady :lol: :lol:

The weird thing is... they reached their zenith with the open world Ass Creeds, ie Origins and Odyssey (and to a lesser degree Valhalla). Not that those games were great or anything, but they were good time wasters, run around classical age Egypt or Greece, see beautiful historical sights, clear forts, etc. And they were somewhat woke (the multicultural team message during intro, ability to play as female Spartan warrior in Odyssey, etc), but it was digestible, after all you could just play as a male Spartan and ignore the other stuff. Now it's like, you WILL play as a female samurai or African shinobi, you WILL play as a supernatural chick in HRE, you WILL play as a female protagonist in Star Wars Outlaws. Guess they don't like making money. Oh well.

Modron

Arcane
They reached their zenith with 2 and its direct sequels, has been a downward slide into woke mediocrity since 4.

orcinator

Liturgist

assassins-creed-hexe.png

It's a test to see if they can get sales from something that probably wans't meant to be an asscreed game by slapping the name on it.

Or maybe it is an asscreed game but your gimmick power in addition to the shit stealth and combat is a witch button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom