Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atomic Heart - open world first-person shooter set in an alternate universe Soviet Union

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think the biggest issue with the whole marketing campaign surrounding this game is that the developers have utterly failed to explain what the game actually is. The game has been delayed so many times by now, and the devs are so terrified of actually showing gameplay footage, that the stench is starting to become unbearable.

And say what you want about the art direction Bioshock, but at least it was consistent. Atomic Heart is all over the place, it feels like assets from three different games have been cobbled together just to pad the game out. It's weird for the sake of being weird.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

clapping-putin.gif

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The combat trailer looks pretty damn good to me. Even if they screw up every other aspect of the game, it has style in spades, which is enough for me to give it a shot.

Skdursh

Savant
On one hand, I'm left with the question, "Yeah, it looks flashy, but in what way exactly is this an RPG?".

On the other hand, I want to buy it just to watch that Sergey Mohov cuck mentioned above collapse into seething shambles in witnessing it succeed.

RepHope

Savant
Like people earlier in the thread I had initially written this off as vaporware/smokes and mirrors but the recent trailers have convinced me that this may release after all. The combat trailer looked ok, “Soviet Bioshock” was what I was expecting and this seems to be delivering that. Would not be surprised if this came out a buggy mess, with the trailers not being representative of the final product at all, but I am interested now.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Looks like a clusterfuck, not in a bad way, but what about this is role-playing?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Galaxy brain geniuses decided to delist the game from Steam in Russia (and other CIS countries), and only sell it through a shitty VKplay launcher. The official reason is to help sanctioned gamers who can't buy games off of Steam.

:deathclaw:

They just lost like 90% of sales in CIS countries. Peak dumbfuckery. Now I don't even want to pirate it.

Harthwain

Magister
Looks like a clusterfuck, not in a bad way, but what about this is role-playing?
There aren't really any meaningful mentions about how the game is an RPG. My guess is it will likely have some minor RPG elements, such as experience gain and allocation of skill points for abilities (and maybe some storyline choices). I wouldn't expect much more than that.

J1M

Arcane
https://www.focus-entmt.com/en/news/focus-entertainment-and-mundfish-partner-up-on-atomic-heart

Initially planned for 2022, the hectic and explosive action-RPG is set to release this winter. Polishing and delivering a game of the highest quality is the priority of this talented team, with a specific launch date to be announced shortly.
Smells like an early 2023 release.
Winter starts on December 21st, Sherlock. You have confused it with "Q4 calendar year".

Also: "releases this X" means "releases at the end of X" in corp speak.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
There aren't really any meaningful mentions about how the game is an RPG. My guess is it will likely have some minor RPG elements, such as experience gain and allocation of skill points for abilities (and maybe some storyline choices). I wouldn't expect much more than that.
I'm expecting Russian Bioshock and I'm ok with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom