Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Ausir's Fallout: New Vegas Preview Part I

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think what all of us really want to know is... how was Brink?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I'm against giving quest names, because they can be spoilers of just how exciting/predictable the quest will be.

If you have a quest where you have to rob a blood bank... I'm sure a big company would name it something like "Blood Lines" or "Take That To The Bank", and then you'd have to click to read some extended descriptiyawn.

I wouldn't name it at all, but display a short objective instead - "Rob the blood bank in Vampireville". Immediate refresher, minus pointless obfuscation.

MetalCraze

Arcane
cogar48 said:
Fallout: New Vegas looks and feels like the sequel Fallout 2 deserved, and i can’t wait until it finally ships this October.
ZOMFG!!!1111!!! OBSIDIAN RUINED FALLOUT!111!!!1!!1

How about you will try playing original Fallouts instead of reading about them in ignorant articles and posts?

Obsidian makes a shooter with retarded mutants, minigames, quest compass, non-existent SPECIAL RPG system, enemy radar and moronic lulz like groin shots with a golf club and deadly boxing gloves with which you can go around killing people - so at least in terms of stupidity Avellone does make a sequel Fallout 2 deserves. But I guess you'd know that New Vegas is just an addon to Failout 3 in terms of everything and has nothing on original Fallouts if you actually played them.

Now after what is written above tell me, oh my retarded friend, how isn't it a franchise rape?

cogar48

Educated
MetalCraze said:
cogar48 said:
Fallout: New Vegas looks and feels like the sequel Fallout 2 deserved, and i can’t wait until it finally ships this October.
ZOMFG!!!1111!!! OBSIDIAN RUINED FALLOUT!111!!!1!!1

How about you will try playing original Fallouts instead of reading about them in ignorant articles and posts?

Obsidian makes a shooter with retarded mutants, minigames, quest compass, non-existent SPECIAL RPG system, enemy radar and moronic lulz like groin shots with a golf club and deadly boxing gloves with which you can go around killing people - so at least in terms of stupidity Avellone does make a sequel Fallout 2 deserves. But I guess you'd know that New Vegas is just an addon to Failout 3 in terms of everything and has nothing on original Fallouts if you actually played them.

Now after what is written above tell me, oh my retarded friend, how isn't it a franchise rape?

Beat Fallout 1 once, and Fallout 2 twice. Fallout 1 had retarded SM, Fallout 1/2 also had a pipboy mapishthing with a radar. Both Fallouts had groin shots. Fallout 2 had boxing gloves IIRC. Please, don't make assumptions about me like "LOLOL U DUNT PLAY ORIGINALS FUCKING RPG NOOB YOU DUNT NO SHIT FALLOUT 1/2 HAD NO RETARDED SHIT FUCKING LORE RAPE LOLOLOLOLLOLOL!!!!!1111" As for Fallout New Vegas being an add-on: :lol: As I've said before, I've always hated the retarded shit in Fallout, and I wish the series acted more seriously, but all of the games so far have been pretty "LULZ POP-CULTURE". Except for Fallout 1, which is probably my favorite, but even it has easter eggs that are retarded.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hi Cogar48, meet Skyway.

Also; will the skill-system actually matter in New Vegas, as opposed to Fallout 3?

Silellak

Cipher
Grunker said:
Hi Cogar48, meet Skyway.

cogar48 said:
As I've said before, I've always hated the retarded shit in Fallout, and I wish the series acted more seriously, but all of the games so far have been pretty "LULZ POP-CULTURE". Except for Fallout 1, which is probably my favorite, but even it has easter eggs that are retarded.
It will be interesting to see just how well implemented the "Wacky Wasteland" perk is - specifically, what exactly it changes in the game and how deep those changes run.

MetalCraze

Arcane
cogar48 said:
Beat Fallout 1 once, and Fallout 2 twice.
Really?

Fallout 1 had retarded SM, Fallout 1/2 also had a pipboy mapishthing with a radar.
Like in Failout 3 right?

Both Fallouts had groin shots.
Groin shots with a golf club that is there only for dumb lulz?

Fallout 2 had boxing gloves IIRC.
With which you could run around killing people?

You see what you, my dear teenage retard, seem to have the trouble understanding is that I don't complain about Obsidian and Bethesda's piece of shit having stuff but about the retarded way that stuff is implemented in.

Please, don't make assumptions about me like "LOLOL U DUNT PLAY ORIGINALS FUCKING RPG NOOB YOU DUNT NO SHIT FALLOUT 1/2 HAD NO RETARDED SHIT FUCKING LORE RAPE LOLOLOLOLLOLOL!!!!!1111"
But you haven't. See you made a post quoting some retarded shit about how an addon to Failout 3 is a true sequel to Fallout 2, while Failout 3 isn't. Even though both are exactly the same game. One can make an assumption that you don't really know what you post about

As I've said before, I've always hated the retarded shit in Fallout, and I wish the series acted more seriously, but all of the games so far have been pretty "LULZ POP-CULTURE". Except for Fallout 1, which is probably my favorite, but even it has easter eggs that are retarded.
So you always hated retarded pop culture shit about Fallout 2 but defend the rape that Avellone does to Fallout series all over again? Butthurt hypocrite?

So how about you will answer my questions about New Vegas being the exactly same shit as Failout 3?

cogar48

Educated
MetalCraze said:
cogar48 said:
Beat Fallout 1 once, and Fallout 2 twice.
Really?

Fallout 1 had retarded SM, Fallout 1/2 also had a pipboy mapishthing with a radar.
Like in Failout 3 right?

Both Fallouts had groin shots.
Groin shots with a golf club that is there only for dumb lulz?

Fallout 2 had boxing gloves IIRC.

You see what you, my dear teenage retard, seem to have the trouble understanding is that I don't complain about Obsidian and Bethesda's piece of shit having stuff but about the retarded way that stuff is implemented in.

Please, don't make assumptions about me like "LOLOL U DUNT PLAY ORIGINALS FUCKING RPG NOOB YOU DUNT NO SHIT FALLOUT 1/2 HAD NO RETARDED SHIT FUCKING LORE RAPE LOLOLOLOLLOLOL!!!!!1111"
But you haven't. See you made a post quoting some retarded shit about how an addon to Failout 3 is a true sequel to Fallout 2, while Failout 3 isn't. Even though both are exactly the same game.

So how about you will answer my questions about New Vegas being the exactly same shit as Failout 3?

:x Harry is retarded gf. The pipboy map could have something installed(don't remember what it's called) that would show you enemies on some shittacular minimap. The groin shots themselves were dumb lulz inb4 "FUCKING STRATEGIC". I don't know because I never actually boxed. "FALLOUT NV IS FALLOUT 3" : :roll:
It’s easy to look at Fallout: New Vegas and assume that it’s merely Fallout 3 in the West instead of Washington, D.C. But while New Vegas is the same type of game, and it’s running on the same engine, and you’ll be doing a lot of the same kinds of things you did in Fallout 3, making that assumption is not only selling the game short -- the assumption doesn’t really hold up at all.

At a preview event last month in New York, Jason Bergman -- a senior producer working on the game at its publisher, Bethesda Softworks -- handed me an Xbox 360 controller and gave me free rein to roam around in a beta version of New Vegas. He also answered the many questions I peppered him with, including a number of questions comparing this game to Fallout 3. His responses indicated that, aside from using the same engine, New Vegas couldn’t be more different from its predecessor.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
But you haven't.
There is something oddly fantastic about Skyway accusing someone else of not having played a particular game.

PS:
I'm pretty sure the boxing gloves in New Vegas are qualified as non-lethal weapons, per the Wiki:
The boxing gloves are a non-lethal weapon in Fallout: New Vegas.
the_more_you_know2.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Boxing gloves were my personal favorite tool of slaughter, backed in a close second by the machete.

Even machete isn't as fucking cool for a slaughter as boxing gloves
Ah oh wait by "slaughter" this moron probably meant running around and beating people non-lethally, just like it always happens when you gut some dude with machete huh?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/111/1112189p1.html

Another retarded magazine gives New Vegas a bad name! It's a media-wide conspiracy to bring Obsidian down!

cogar48

Educated
MetalCraze said:
Boxing gloves were my personal favorite tool of slaughter, backed in a close second by the machete.

Ah oh wait by "slaughter" this moron probably meant running around and beating people non-lethally, just like it always happens when you gut some dude with machete huh?

Another retarded magazine gives New Vegas a bad name! It's a media-wide conspiracy to bring Obsidian down!

I use mah alienz blaster from Fallout kill many mutents but FNV haz boxing gloves fucking gay az shit obsidianz is gey company ruin koolest seriez history.

cogar48

Educated
MetalCraze said:
So you always hated retarded pop culture shit about Fallout 2 but defend the rape that Avellone does to Fallout series all over again? Butthurt hypocrite?

Erm, no. I was saying the opposite: THE SERIES HAS ALWAYS BEEN RETARDED STOP ATTACKING NEW VEGAS AND CLAIMING IT'S WORSE THAN THE OTHERS BECAUSE IT DOES THE SAME FUCKING THING THE OTHERS DO FFS. :x

The pop culture shit isn't enough to ruin a game. Not to mention it's fucking optional as a trait in New Vegas.

MetalCraze said:

blow it out your ass :smug:

MetalCraze

Arcane
The pipboy map could have something installed(don't remember what it's called) that would show you enemies on some shittacular minimap.
Motion sensor. It didn't show you everything. You had to obtain it first. It makes sense.

In Failout 3 NV it's just out of the box. Right on the screen. All the time.

The groin shots themselves were dumb lulz inb4 "FUCKING STRATEGIC"
They were just groin shots.

I use mah alienz blaster from Fallout kill many mutents but FNV haz boxing gloves fucking gay az shit obsidianz is gey company ruin koolest seriez history.
An easter egg alien blaster in a sci fi game. This is fucking tragedy.
I didn't know boxing gloves were tearing people to pieces like alien blaster did.

THE SERIES HAS ALWAYS BEEN RETARDED STOP ATTACKING NEW VEGAS AND CLAIMING IT'S WORSE THAN THE OTHERS BECAUSE IT DOES THE SAME FUCKING THING THE OTHERS DO FFS
So you keep proving that you've never played original game? I guess moronic supermutants that dress like female for the sake of lulz is something you could see in Fallout 1?

Not to mention it's fucking optional as a trait in New Vegas.
In New Vegas which itself, FULLY, is a pop-culture reference? Wow that helps!

So again how about you'll tell me why the addon NV isn't the same shit as Failout 3 and doesn't fail so hard compared to proper Fallouts?
Or you can't?

cogar48

Educated
cogar48 said:
The pipboy map could have something installed(don't remember what it's called) that would show you enemies on some shittacular minimap.

Skyway said:
Motion sensor. It didn't show you everything. You had to obtain it first. It makes sense.

In Failout 3 NV it's just out of the box.

More complaining about pointless shit.

cogar48 said:
The groin shots themselves were dumb lulz inb4 "FUCKING STRATEGIC"

Skyway said:
They were just groin shots.
??? Okay, then hitting someone in the groin with a golf club is just a groin shot.

cogar48 said:

Skyway said:
An easter egg alien blaster in a sci fi game. This is fucking tragedy.

Boxing gloves in a game. This is a fucking tragedy.

Skyway said:
I didn't know boxing gloves were tearing people to pieces like alien blaster did.

what+the+fuck+am+I+reading.png

cogar48 said:
THE SERIES HAS ALWAYS BEEN RETARDED STOP ATTACKING NEW VEGAS AND CLAIMING IT'S WORSE THAN THE OTHERS BECAUSE IT DOES THE SAME FUCKING THING THE OTHERS DO FFS

Skyway said:
So you keep proving that you've never played original game? I guess moronic supermutants that dress like female for the sake of lulz is something you could see in Fallout 1?

No, but getting fucked up the ass by a supermutant is something you see in Fallout 2 JUST FOR THE LULZ. PROTIP: There's more than one game.

Also, the tranny supermutant only dresses like a tranny if you take the Wild Wasteland perk.

cogar48 said:
Not to mention it's fucking optional as a trait in New Vegas.
Skyway said:
In New Vegas which itself, FULLY, is a pop-culture reference? Wow that helps!

So again how about you'll tell me why the addon NV isn't the same shit as Failout 3?
Or you can't?

New Vegas is a location, what the fuck? It's not the same as Fallout 3 because it has it's own story, new mechanics, new characters, and a new fucking setting.

Once again
Skyway said:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert

You started it, by presenting a list of random stuff from F1 and 2, claiming that their presence justifies stupid shit in NV. You haven't proven your case at all.

1) "Fallout 1 had retarded SM"

Name a single retarded super-mutant in F1. You can't, there isn't one. Unless you mean the whole concept of FEV-muties is retarded.

2) "Fallout 1/2 also had a pipboy mapishthing with a radar"

Motion detector add-on to PiP-boy that was quite expensive and didn't even work that well.

3) "Both Fallouts had groin shots"

They had GURPS-locational damage (at least I think GURPS has similar locations). Is having complete humanoid body locations retarded because some people find groin shots funny?

4) "Fallout 2 had boxing gloves IIRC"

Which actually diminished the damage you cause in melee. According to that IGN preview that Skyway linked to, boxing gloves are an actually useful "weapon" in NV.

5) "I use mah alienz blaster from Fallout kill many mutents"

A special weapon only findable with luck 9 or 10 after a random check which uses special ammunition and while funny, is inline with the game's 50's pulp-sci-fi theme.

While I don't share Skyway's sentiment that NV is absolutely shit - if you do engage him, make sure your examples at least hold water. This "F1/2 was retarded too!" argument is really old.

cogar48

Educated
cogar48 said:

GarfunkeL said:
You started it, by presenting a list of random stuff from F1 and 2, claiming that their presence justifies stupid shit in NV.
Agreed.

cogar48 said:
Fallout 1 had retarded SM

GarfunkeL said:
Name a single retarded super-mutant in F1. You can't, there isn't one. Unless you mean the whole concept of FEV-muties is retarded.

Harry?

cogar48 said:
2) Fallout 1/2 also had a pipboy mapishthing with a radar

GarfunkeL said:
Motion detector add-on to PiP-boy that was quite expensive and didn't even work that well.

True, but I was just proving a point.

cogar48 said:
3) Both Fallouts had groin shots

GarfunkeL said:
They had GURPS-locational damage (at least I think GURPS has similar locations). Is having complete humanoid body locations retarded because some people find groin shots funny?
I was once again proving a point. Fallout 1/2 aren't retarded because of groin shots. Yet NV is?

cogar48 said:
Fallout 2 had boxing gloves IIRC

GarfunkeL said:
Which actually diminished the damage you cause in melee. According to that IGN preview that Skyway linked to, boxing gloves are an actually useful "weapon" in NV.

This may be true, as I said I never used them in Fallout 2.

cogar48 said:
I use mah alienz blaster from Fallout kill many mutents

GarfunkeL said:
A special weapon only findable with luck 9 or 10 after a random check which uses special ammunition and while funny, is inline with the game's 50's pulp-sci-fi theme.

Okay the phaser then? The entire point was every game had stupid weapons.

GarfunkeL said:
While I don't share Skyway's sentiment that NV is absolutely shit - if you do engage him, make sure your examples at least hold water. This "F1/2 was retarded too!" argument is really old.
But Fallout 2 WAS retarded.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Had some retarded elements and F1 wasn't retarded at all. Please make the distinction.

Oh and by "retarded super mutants", I thought we were talking about lulzy-retard, like the tranny in NV. Nothing wrong with an actual village idiot like Harry.

The entire point was every game had stupid weapons.

True to an extent but there is a difference of degree between the alien blaster or the bozar and a golf-club, wouldn't you agree? Golf-club was a great weapon in GTA:Vice City but power fist and sledgehammer work better with Fallouts.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:

I see your shitty IGN preview and raise you a developer interview.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29981

Around the 3:30 mark, Sawyer talks about how you can use "bean bag" shotgun ammo and boxing gloves to knock people unconscious as part of a non-fatal playthrough.

Skyway, it's really sad that you've reached the point of referencing mainstream game previews to argue your case. It's pretty much general knowledge (especially at the Codex) that gaming journalists rarely catch onto the more subtle nuisances when playing through a game. To the IGN previewer in question, it's quite likely he just saw his character punching which made the big bad guys fall down, and assumed he was "slaughtering" them.

cogar48

Educated
GarfunkeL said:
Had some retarded elements and F1 wasn't retarded at all. Please make the distinction.

Oh and by "retarded super mutants", I thought we were talking about lulzy-retard, like the tranny in NV. Nothing wrong with an actual village idiot like Harry.

The entire point was every game had stupid weapons.

True to an extent but there is a difference of degree between the alien blaster or the bozar and a golf-club, wouldn't you agree? Golf-club was a great weapon in GTA:Vice City but power fist and sledgehammer work better with Fallouts.

Of course. Point is: retarded elements + retarded weapons =/= bad game.

I don't think Fallout 1 was retarded, as I said a few posts back, it was my favorite game in the series. I was arguing with Skyway who was saying "FUCKING NV HAS RETARDED ELEMENTS SHIT GAME TOTAL SHIT FUCKING 0/10" and I said "Fallout 1/2 had retarded shit too, but they weren't bad games." Not to mention most of it is TOGGLE-ABLE.

Drakron

Arcane
GarfunkeL said:
Had some retarded elements ...

I am sorry but FO2 was filled with ester eggs and pop culture references.

I can even make a small list at the top of my head... Star Trek, Matrix, Monica Lewinsky, Terminator and Scientology.

And Mike Tyson (just recalled it).

At times it did not seem to be possible to walk 2 feet without tripping into one, Fallout 1 might had far less (and I guess it did as I cannot recall any) but it was hard for me to take FO2 serious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom