Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.5%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 262 45.5%

• Total voters

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The previous pack was generally well received (TM), and I did promise Alex...

Rance 01 Avatars
Samples:

Rance 02 Avatars
Samples:

It's surprisingly easy to make these once you find a good batch image processing tool, even when the original pictures have lots of dead space, irregularities, etc. Although I'm going to have to get a lot more gud at using it to make something cool out of RanceX if I want to supplement the meagre (probably manually edited - props to whoever took the time) collection the codex already has.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
damn some of those are "kinda" blurry.
The ones in the zip or the samples? For some reason that I can't be bothered to figure out, the embed upscales the images from codexian 96pixels to 180, which naturally looks like ass. But the site supports batch drag and drop + generating the embed source, which is very nice.

The ones in the zip should look good, unless I fucked something up.

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Took a hatchet to some Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls portraits since I was too lazy to figure out how to actually rip them. Think they turned out OK.
kEAghzU.png
WQneWKa.png
11oZln4.png

Q6XONDZ.png
BRO6XZi.png
cToAbxw.png
QiZK95Y.png
Wf9EHjo.png

KH1zKMj.png
8obuSj3.png
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0e58gl23msb1wvi/LostSouls.7z/file

Oh, ffs sake this one
kEAghzU.png
got fucked after being uploaded :(
Infinitron gonna try to fix it, should I upload all of them in an archive again, or just the one that got fucked?
Here's an archive with just the one that looks weird, hope it's ok now https://www.mediafire.com/file/rahims19mamqky4/LostSoulsFix.7z/file

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Moar Rance for the people

Rance 03
Samples:
Rance03_chibi_8.png
Rance03_port_69.png
Rance03_stand_2.png

Rance VI

Samples:
RanceVI_sprite_8.png
RanceVI_stand_13.png
RanceVI_port_5.png

I'm not super happy about the portraits from VI due to the black background, but I don't know how to make it transparent without making every black pixel transparent. The portraits from 03 are also a bit weird since they have the name written out, but it would mess too much with the aspect ratio to remove it.

The codex now has avatars for every canonical rance game (+kichikuou) except 5D and 9. I won't do 5D until I've managed to slog through it, and 9 will have to wait for its official release (release status: any day now for the last 5 months). I might supplement the avatars that exist for X though, the current selection is very small.

Fatberg Slim

Educated
Patron
The avatar list woefully lacks pictures from the death messages in SCI0-era Sierra adventure games :cry:

To help address this, I found some images online from Space Quest 3 and Codename: Iceman that I can use, but they aren’t very high-resolution (and I’m not likely to play through them again to generate my own images, especially not Iceman :argh:). Can whoever is in charge of such things take a look at these test avatars I created and let me know if they’re good enough?

sq3fall.gif

ice2jail.png

Fatberg Slim

Educated
Patron
Well, here are the collected game-over screens from Space Quest 3 and Codename: Iceman. I think I have all of them from SQ3 and almost all of them from C:I (except those that only include scenery or vehicles).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3bd7j7d2c7w98ac/SQ3.zip/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fzaag7izvimyw1n/iceman.zip/file

Space Quest 3
boom.png
crash.png
cut.png
jello.png
lava.png
melt.png
pod.png
rats.png
robot.png
shock.png
shot.png
shred.png

snake.png
squash.png
twist.png
vacuum.png
zap.png

Codename: Iceman
bang.png
diver.png
drown.png
drunk.png
hatch.png
ice2jail.png
loser.png
surface.png
van.png
air.png
ray.png
walls.png

As bonus content, I threw in the picture of Jim Walls that Police Quest 2 uses for all its death messages. Please use it responsibly.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
Oh yeah, Infinitron

See that they won't get those strange light borders around them like the Uuno avatars did, despite their being the right size - less than or equal to 96x96px.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Oh yeah, Infinitron

See that they won't get those strange light borders around them like the Uuno avatars did, despite their being the right size - less than or equal to 96x96px.
I thought you had to "manually" pad them with transparency so they became 96x96px.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom