Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Josh is making Darklands 2. That one's going to be more interesting than any of these other games.

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
This is why Microsoft bought Obsidian, not to make more isometrics.

Same w/ inxile - I bet money we'll be seeing a first person open world Wasteland 4 in the next 2 years.

They bought these studios to make their own Elder Scrolls and Fallout, w/ built in lore and developers.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
All writers left in the company are shitty.

Their games are renowned for being buggy messes at release.

Their games have also been going from bad to worse for ages.

Last release(s) were so bad even the face of the company had to admit mistakes were made.

Looks like Obsidian finally accepted they're nothing more than Bethesda-lite. Gonna be good for a laugh, if nothing else. But I wonder how shitty its mechanics are gonna be. Balance-man is apparently not involved, and the worst thing he's ever designed was ten times better than the absolute nothing of TOW.

barghwata

Savant
I honestly prefer they continue making action rpg bethesda-style games then the garbage RTwP infinity engine clones we got before.

RepHope

Savant
On one hand I can’t blame them for using the fantasy setting they already created. On the other the fantasy setting they created is so fucking boring and I think they need to seriously shake shit up if they want a success. Keeping Sawyer away makes me feel mixed, he doesn’t know shit about what made the old RPGs good, but he was responsible for their best Bethesda type game with New Vegas. Ah well, I’ll wait and see how the gameplay looks. That CGI trailer looked rough though, very bland and boring.
This is why Microsoft bought Obsidian, not to make more isometrics.

Same w/ inxile - I bet money we'll be seeing a first person open world Wasteland 4 in the next 2 years.

They bought these studios to make their own Elder Scrolls and Fallout, w/ built in lore and developers.
Yeah the next Wasteland is going to be a Fallout clone without a doubt.

eilef

Educated
After Outer Worlds, i'm not looking forward to this.
I pretty much ignored that one and didn't read the thread. Was it just boring, or was it incredibly buggy to top it all off?

It was a false promise. I expected an epic and interesting take on Fallout in Space, and instead got boring, generic do-over with subpar story and gameplay. Outer World tried to perfect an old formula, and failed. There was no "spark" in all of that game.
I gues this is why i liked Alpha Protocol more than Outer Worlds.

Perkel

Arcane
Well Outerworlds was their answer for Fallout 3
Awowed will be their answer for Oblivion.

:martini:

just even more dumbed down that betsheda downdown shit

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom