Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Back in my day we used to fight rats!

Wyrmlord said:
Doom shits on current FPSes.

FPSes are about shooting things.

Modern FPSes don't even have any killing at all.

You just sit and watch second-rate cinematics.

Deadspace thinks your funny.

Luzur

Good Sir
Hümmelgümpf said:
BethesdaLove said:
by Agamemnon, Level 29!!!!111

Name:
David Renna

Birthday:
Mar 18, 1989
Wait, this guy is older than me? :declineofhumankind:

nah, im 9 years older then him, so i would rather say decline of the newer generations.

and besides, isnt he abit too young to be talking like that about games that came out when he had trouble not to shit in his diapers?

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Durwyn said:
Crolug said:
We got a proverb in Poland:

"Idiots aren't sown, they grow by themselves"

We have ? I haven't heard it, but maybe I know it in different version.
"Idiotów nie sieją, sami rosną."

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Deadspace is shit, new RPGs are shit, new FPS are shit.

Only RPG I have enjoyed released in the last 5 years came out a few weeks ago: Dark Spire. And that's because it tries to be like a game from 1986, can't go wrong with that. No stupid directions, no getting everything explained, and dead people actually stay that way after a battle, it's heavan.

dark-spire-ds-11.jpg

And no bloody bloom.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why does this look so good? Wireframes in high resolution!
What system is this for? I really don't have the money to buy any handheld console right now but this looks like a good game.

JarlFrank said:
What system is this for? I really don't have the money to buy any handheld console right now but this looks like a good game.
Nintendo DS

mondblut

Arcane
I don't feel like reading oodles and oodles of his text until my eyes are bloodshot. He should hire voice actors.

Come to think of it, his site's user interface is godfuckingawfully ugly, and I get no directions whatsoever on how to browse it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didn't feel immersed at all browsing his site, what a failure.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Jasede said:
Being born in any given year is no excuse for bad taste.

Anyone born close to, during or after 1990 is and should automatically be excused for having terrible taste. The alternative would be complete liquidation of said age-group.

Luzur

Good Sir
depends more on what games you grew up with , i guess.
but if you where born in or later then 1989 it prob means that you are one of the Generation Playstation.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Luzur said:
depends more on what games you grew up with , i guess.
but if you where born in or later then 1989 it prob means that you are one of the Generation Playstation.

Quoted for spelling. And games are tied to date of birth, so they're kind of the same thing anyway.

lightbane

Arcane
St. Toxic said:
Birthday:
Mar 18, 1989

Says all you need to know, right there.

Bullshit, I was born in 1989 and yet this didn't prevented me to play (with time as I grown up) good games like LBA 1 and 2, FAllout 1 and 2, Planescape, Kotor 2... I say that guy is simply retarded and is mentally unable to think something intelligent, that's all.

Yannos

Educated
Wyrmlord said:
Doom shits on current FPSes.

FPSes are about shooting things.

Modern FPSes don't even have any killing at all.

You just sit and watch second-rate cinematics.

I have a state of the art gaming pc.... yet I've played (and finished) more Doom, DukeNukem and especially Blood than all those fancy bloomy fps's. These games with mouse support are just a thrill ride. I miss the days of detailed bitmap/sprite gore :)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
As someone mentioned before, some RPGs of old required people to take out a sheet of paper and a pencil and actually write down where things were, who people are, or even draw maps, because the game lacked the details to provide such things.
I'm three years older than him and he makes me feel like I'm a fucking dinosaur. I want to stab him with a knife, cut him up and eat him. Holy fucking shit...

Korgan

Arbiter
Hümmelgümpf said:
JarlFrank said:
NDS.
Most of its games work fine in an emulator, btw.

St. Toxic

Arcane
lightbane said:
Bullshit, I was born in 1989 and yet this didn't prevented me to play (with time as I grown up) good games like LBA 1 and 2, FAllout 1 and 2, Planescape, Kotor 2... I say that guy is simply retarded and is mentally unable to think something intelligent, that's all.

I don't buy it. You should both be burned in the fires of righteousness.

EDUITT: Also, the games you mention are shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom