Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal, Previews and Interviews

MrMarbles

Cipher
In this interview they are claiming that the game will have no day/night cycle at all.

https://wccftech.com/baldurs-gate-3-pax-east-interview-listening-to-fan-feedback-adding-raytracing/

Honestly this is the first thing I'm genuinely pissed about. I don't even want to hear the justifications about how it's a costly feature.

They are blowing basically unlimited budget on this goddamn production, I'm sure they could have spared a percentage of the budget to account for that.
It would also be a long term investment, as they'd be able to recycle the tech (variable lighting, time passing, scheduling, etc) for each of their subsequent titles, in some form.

What gets me is that they cut features like this, hand-placed items and item artwork, UI investment etc and then blow a trillion bucks on hours and hours of voice acting for their shitty generic dialogue.

Voiced characters - one of the four horsemen of the RPG apocalypse

Dedup

Augur
In this interview they are claiming that the game will have no day/night cycle at all.

https://wccftech.com/baldurs-gate-3-pax-east-interview-listening-to-fan-feedback-adding-raytracing/

Honestly this is the first thing I'm genuinely pissed about. I don't even want to hear the justifications about how it's a costly feature.

They are blowing basically unlimited budget on this goddamn production, I'm sure they could have spared a percentage of the budget to account for that.
It would also be a long term investment, as they'd be able to recycle the tech (variable lighting, time passing, scheduling, etc) for each of their subsequent titles, in some form.

The thing that really kills me about this is that their first RPG, Divine Divinity, had a day/night cycle.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Really doubt that. WotC is extremely stingy, or perhaps, Hasbro is extremely stingy when it comes to financing third party usage of WotC licenses.

WoTC is not funding BG3 to any extent.
They are just giving Larian permission to work with the IP.

What gets me is that they cut features like this, hand-placed items and item artwork, UI investment etc and then blow a trillion bucks on hours and hours of voice acting for their shitty generic dialogue.

Just for the record, unique and hand-placed itemization is confiermed to be a thing for this game.
Still, while it's a great news in itself I have faith in Larian to screw it to some extent.
It wouldn't be a Larian game without dreadful itemization, after all.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
WoTC is not funding BG3 to any extent.
They are just giving Larian permission to work with the IP.

Just for the record, unique and hand-placed itemization is confiermed to be a thing for this game.
Still, while it's a great news in itself I have faith in Larian to screw it to some extent.
It wouldn't be a Larian game without dreadful itemization, after all.

... well, then the budget is anything *but* unlimited. It is limited to whatever Larian has or can drum up.

Classic WotC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom