Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Balrum

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
Overrail?

Aenra

New version out since two days ago apparently:

Version 0.90_252

Hello Backers!

First of all we would like to thank everyone who sent us bug reports. Pretty much all reported bugs were fixed.

Save games are compatible but the config.xml is not. Please delete the config.xml located in the root directory of the game! The new version is 0.90_252. You can find it at the usual location.

We added a few features suggested by the community.
Here are a few of them:

Line of Sight Indicator in combat (optional):

losindi.jpg

Small moveable Rested/Thirst/Hunger indicator (optional):

indicatorshtr.jpg

Transparent MiniMap (optional):

minimaptran.jpg

The survival skill received attention. Now you are able to tend to your wounds at your tent. A higher survival skill level will allow you to restore more health. The “Tend Wounds” function requires a splint.

tentsurvi.jpg

We added the final teleportation system to the beta. When you examine a teleportation obelisk you will be able to replicate that obelisk at your safe place. This will make your safe place a teleportation node. Also the cooldown of the safe place trinket has been greatly reduced. (If you already discovered the 4 teleport nodes in Darkwood simply touch them again and you will learn how to build it at your safe place.)

teleportwh.jpg

Now there are three quick slot bars at your disposal.

Daggers now have a proper sprite.

Other areas that received changes:
GUI
Farming
Cooking
Options Panel
Sound System
Critical Crafting
Spell Tooltips
Item Values
Combat

Have a great day folks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/balconyteam/balrum/posts/1401923

The word "final" is encouraging. Really looking forward to this. In before disappointment, lol

getter77

Augur
Still seemingly the best hope for this sort of game in modern times after all these years and hopefully one that'll garner the attention it deserves once they finally manage to get there in full---as in, don't pull an Antharion and just kind of happen invisibly fading in and out inscrutably.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Those screenshots definitely look nice, and what I've read sounds interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Dyskolos

Cipher
I've been lightly following this for the past few months. I just wish they'd go ahead and make it available early access, if only to get a larger crowd nudging them into having to give more regular progress notes.

Aenra

Brother i'm actually of the opposite mind;

I respect their not putting it into EA. Budget is one thing, greed quite another. They have their KS+extras funds, seem more than content with them. They have their Beta base, seem more than happy with what their testing has brought forth so far. Am tired of this shit. First we cry out (and rightly so) since EA is more greed than customer interests kept in mind, then we cry out because someone said FU.
What they had to do, greenlight it and pave the way, they have.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What?! Christ, they pulled a fast one on us. That trailer too, it looks a bit like Eschalon mixed with Ultima Online.

This year, man. It's killing me.

Mustawd

Day 1 purchase for me. This looks damn good.

Seriously. There are so many good games coming out. 2015 is eclipsing what we saw in 2014. And I still have my backlog to go through. Lifeisgood.jpg

Saxon1974

Prophet
Day 1 purchase for me. This looks damn good.

Seriously. There are so many good games coming out. 2015 is eclipsing what we saw in 2014. And I still have my backlog to go through. Lifeisgood.jpg
Yea man this is pathetic but I have anxiety trying to decide which game to play I have so many backlogged. First world problems I know. What a change from back in the late 90s early 2000s.

Safe to say that kick starter has been good for us now?

Saxon1974

Prophet
What?! Christ, they pulled a fast one on us. That trailer too, it looks a bit like Eschalon mixed with Ultima Online.

Agreed, that was very much my thought too. When UO came out I loved the look of the world but then quickly realized MMOs weren't my thing. Maybe this will I had hoped that would be.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm not hugely interested in the crafting aspect but the rest looks nice. Like a Vogel game with more people working on it.

Duckard

Augur
First Underrail and now this? December is supposed to be a slow month. I was planning on playing Witcher 3, but I guess not.

M0RBUS

Augur
There's an embargo on videos for Balrum until release day, but all I'll say is this game is great :) The soundtrack is amazing by the way.
Disclaimer: I have only played for an hour and a half :P

Mortmal

Arcane
There's an embargo on videos for Balrum until release day, but all I'll say is this game is great :) The soundtrack is amazing by the way.
Disclaimer: I have only played for an hour and a half :P
Wich rpgs do you consider to be great or siimilarly great ?

M0RBUS

Augur
Fallout and Arcanum, for different reasons.
That said, a hour and a half of gameplay is not enough for me to be sure this is a great RPG. I'm merely conveying my initial impression.

Mortmal

Arcane
Fallout and Arcanum, for different reasons.
That said, a hour and a half of gameplay is not enough for me to be sure this is a great RPG. I'm merely conveying my initial impression.
First impressions on a game are usually right, especially if you area gentleman with quality tastes :fallout and arcanum cant go wrong with that . Unless you are buddy with the devs or just impressed cause you drank some coffee with one.You are not bubbles alt right ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom