Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bard's Tale 2 Remaster Released

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
RAM
4.00 single-channel DDR3 @ 798MHZ (11-11-11-28)
Total memory slots 2 (1 used)
On boot 56% is used.
If I read this right, please correct me if I'm wrong, you have 4gb of RAM?
With 56% used you'd be left with about 2gb free. I'd say that's where the problem might be located.
As I read it the minimum requirements say you need 4gb RAM. Add to that the intel integrated graphics
sharing the RAM with the system, you might just be out of luck.

edit:
As only one of two memory slots is used, upgrading your ram is an option you have left.
That means, if you think is a system still worth investing something in.

Game requirements usually include system usage as well.

Andhaira

Arcane
What kind of moron uses 4GB RAM these days?

I’d have to look on how to do that and the cost. I’ve never opened up a laptop before and looked under the hood. I have been thinking of just buying a new laptop in the i7 range. I wonder where you even put the expansion in on a laptop.

Youtube time I guess.

Why would you open up anything, you have an integrated GPU chip? Just download moar RAM and you are good to go.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
the bards tale trilogy min req:
<snip>

Processor:
Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+

/ Intel Core i5-2500K or higher if using integrated Intel GPU

I didn’t even know what integrated GPU was.

Some asshole at InXile told me. So yeah because I had no fucking idea what that meant I, or glossed over it, I ended up wasting a purchase.

Of course it won’t run according to them. Fuck. Stupid me.

As far as fucking with bios meh. So case closed. My fucking laptop with it’s integratrd graphicbullshit can run crap.

Motherfucking cheap ass Chinese Lenovo sack of shit.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
KeighnMcDeath

Based on your specs you have a better laptop than mine and therefore it should run:

MY craptop:
Core2Duo@ 2,0Ghz, 2Cores/2Threads (restricted to 1,2Ghz permanently due to overheating issues)
Ati 4650 Mobility (dedicated memory 1gb)
4gb DDR2 ram
HDD

YOUR craptop:

i3-4030U@ 1,9Ghz, 2Cores/4Threads (which is 80% faster than mine according to cpu.userbenchmark.com)
Intel HD4400 graphics (shared memory, but still 6-10% faster than mine according to gpu.userbenchmark.com)
4gb DDR3 ram
HDD

I can run Bard's Tale Trilogy remasters (runs acceptable), and even Bard's Tale 4 (runs totally shit, but it runs). In my opinion your rig should be able to run the games even better than mine. The only thing making issues is, that sometimes game engines categorically exclude some integrated gpus, even though they are capable to run it. But I didn't expect that for the Bard's Tale remasters. After all they are using the Unity Engine (I believe), which is compatible to many low end gpus.

Freeing up RAM is important though. Close all apps, browsers, instant messengers, antivirus etc. when running the game. Also I thought you could assign the integrated gpu more "video ram" in the intel hd driver software. You could assign it 1gig (but not more if your total is 4gig).

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It’s my own damn fault for not fully looking. That grognardia hype fucked me good.

But my day did get better. Someone sent me a fixed crack for ACS side 1 and with it I was able to create master disks for LOA, ROL, Fantasy, Spy/Mystery, And the Science Fiction builder sets on the appleII emulator.

Now, I just need to figure mounting disks in dosbox and redo the process for ACS there.

As for TBTT remaster... UNINSTALLED & Forgotten.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I hear CORE i9 is coming out. Maybe I’ll just save up for that. Or I could buy a mule. My feet and bike to town could use an upgrade; maybe 2 miles and a hobo with a guitar and I can play bards Tale LARP-style.

It’s funny, my bro gave me his old corei3 Asus and it worked with version patch 1.9 of TBTT. Go figure. Just runs hot like it’s going to explode.

An old friend gave me his Toshiba win 98/NT laptop some 13 years ago. It’s got a 3.5” floppy drive, cd drive, and I’ll be damned... a single USB port. Yeah gonna fire that bitch up.

IMG_7718.png

YO HO HO and a drunken bear on a bench!
octopussy1b.png

Gonna spank it .. HARD!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom