Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
As long as she's mostly fat in the places that matter I'd dive in

Deleted member 7219

I'm disappointed but I just can't get angry at the game.

I can play The Witcher 3 instead. I've completed almost all the quests in that game and it still gives me nice stuff to do without all the shitty horribleness of Arkham Knight. Even if Arkham Knight ran like a dream, it would still be shit because of the Batmobile.

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
UF5TCrE.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
Guys

Which PC release was worse: Batman: Arkam Knight, Assassins Creed 4, Mortal Kombat X OR Aliens: Colonial Marines?

OR: A third option?

We seriously need a poll for the worst PC release in recent times.
Ass Creed Unity was shit on all platforms and Alien: Colonial Marines... well, it was more of a case of a total shit game than total shit port so... there are only two contenders for shit PC port o 2015 (well before Ubisoft release another Ass Creed): Arkham Knight and MK X

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
AK wins just by pulling the game for sale. That's a huge slap to your own face and pretty embarrassing. What's the last major PC title that was pulled from sale after release?

DeepOcean

Arcane
I think you mean AC Unity. AC4 was fine. And you forget Dark Souls. And Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. And... And.. And...

Did you guys just start playing PC games 5 years ago or something?
So? AC Unity and Dark Souls are okay to mock but not mah waifu gaem?

DeepOcean

Arcane
AK wins just by pulling the game for sale. That's a huge slap to your own face and pretty embarrassing. What's the last major PC title that was pulled from sale after release?
It's a Gaben miracle, most sales would end on refunds anyway, WB just wanted to save some face with this move and stop the refund butt bleeding. I think fixing the game won't be so simple or they wouldn't remove the sale if it was just a question of quick patches. Maybe Denuvo is involved? It caused issues on all games it was placed on. If it is Denuvo, I think at least DRM managed to change copies sold lost to piracy to copies sold lost to refunds.:lol:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Here's a good question; do any of you guys think this large-scale effort to actually fix the game, as well as stop consumers from buying what is essentially at the moment a broken port, and not just buying them off with free DLC and season passes would've been made had Valve had not implemented a more accessible refund system within Steam? Or would we've just had another Assassin's Creed Unity situation where they just flick their nose, give an insincere "We're sorrrrry" press release, and cut their losses?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I think you mean AC Unity. AC4 was fine. And you forget Dark Souls. And Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition. And... And.. And...

Come on, he even brings up DMC3, a port released in 2006. How desperate can you get?

And honestly, the DS1 port was shit, but mostly because it was locked to 720p and 30 fps, which was remedied by a simple mod basically at release day. It also cost $20. So it more a case of Namco being super cheap rather than releasing a clearly unfinished game as WB did with Arkham Knight.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Here's a good question; do any of you guys think this large-scale effort to actually fix the game, as well as stop consumers from buying what is essentially at the moment a broken port, and not just buying them off with free DLC and season passes would've been made had Valve had not implemented a more accessible refund system within Steam? Or would we've just had another Assassin's Creed Unity situation where they just flick their nose, give an insincere "We're sorrrrry" press release, and cut their losses?
Valve's policy played a large role, I'm sure. Given the sheer volume of refund requests on Steam they probably contacted Warner Brothers and told them they probably should just suspend sales for the time being.

Drakron

Arcane
Its not Valve's policy, its a EU policy they for years refused to apply until now because they were going to be slapped with fines.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
the DS1 port was shit, but mostly because it was locked to 720p and 30 fps, which was remedied by a simple mod basically at release day.
That sounds quite familiar. I wonder what other game could unlock the 30 fps cap with a simple config tweak.

I don't know, I think I have Alzheimer's.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
So it more a case of Namco being super cheap rather than releasing a clearly unfinished game as WB did with Arkham Knight.
Uh.. It's the exact situation. Arkham Knight's port was outsourced, whereas Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were ported in-house.

It's a bad port but I have no idea what you mean by unfinished.

Edit: As for Dark Souls: Textures. Controls. You spin like Fox News.

Edit 2:
Come on, he even brings up DMC3, a port released in 2006. How desperate can you get?
Are you really saying that people have been investing their effort into innovating the technology and skills of porting?

Porting has been the same for years if not decades. There are good ports. There are bad ports. Nobody's running around putting in $$$$$$ into porting technology and optimization. There's going to be good and bad ports for the next decades, too. Pull your head out of your ass and actually look at the situation.

Last edited:

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
the DS1 port was shit, but mostly because it was locked to 720p and 30 fps, which was remedied by a simple mod basically at release day.
That sounds quite familiar. I wonder what other game could unlock the 30 fps cap with a simple config tweak.

what good is removing the framerate cap if even the best hardware can lose its shit without warning? the framerate cap in derp souls was a main issue. here, it doesn't begin to represent the retarded shit that's going on in this game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

No? I'm just saying that shit ports are not a rarity.

And I don't even like Arkham Knight. Little bitch wipes itself every time I download it lul. For me it's just schadenfreude over "PC" gamers who think going into config files is a sin because their console-priced video cards should be able to handle it :roll:.

Reminds me of those Morrowind/Oblivion days of graphics-whores who didn't give a shit about gameplay.

Well, unless you mean AC4. That indeed is one of mah waifu gaems.

what good is removing the framerate cap if even the best hardware can lose its shit without warning? the framerate cap in derp souls was a main issue. here, it doesn't begin to signify the retarded shit that's going on in this game.
Uh, I dunno, I was just replying that specific statement about a 30 fps cap?

I'm not sure what's retarded about the gameplay in AK except for mandatory Batmobile sequences, btw.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
and he mentioned the framerate cap in derp souls because it was a main issue that was easily remedied, whereas here, it doesn't begin to signify the retarded shit that's going on in this game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
and he mentioned the framerate cap in derp souls because it was a main issue that was easily remedied, whereas here, it doesn't begin to signify the retarded shit that's going on in this game.
What retarded shit is there besides really bad technical issues and dumb mandatory batmobile sequences?

Like. Gamplay. What kind of retarded shit is going on with the gameplay? Or does the Codex not care about gameplay anymore?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What retarded shit is there besides really bad technical issues and dumb mandatory batmobile sequences?

Like. Gamplay. What kind of retarded shit is going on with the gameplay? Or does the Codex not care about gameplay anymore?
The Codex cares about gameplay assuming that the gameplay is accessible, I would say.

Drakron

Arcane
Its the same as the previous games, with perhaps less QTE sequences since I cannot recall any even in boss battles.

The "major" innovation seems battles with a partner were you can switch from Batman to Catwomen but those are not very common in the game, thats about the only thing new besides the car but then again, the car is used a lot ... even in Riddler were for some fucking reason they decided to make a racing course of some of them, if you are asking what is there beyond the car, the same that was in the previous 3 games but there is a lot of car gameplay, a LOT.

And I dont owned or played this, I just watched the movie.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
So it more a case of Namco being super cheap rather than releasing a clearly unfinished game as WB did with Arkham Knight.
Uh.. It's the exact situation. Arkham Knight's port was outsourced, whereas Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were ported in-house.

It's a bad port but I have no idea what you mean by unfinished.

Edit: As for Dark Souls: Textures. Controls. You spin like Fox News.

Edit 2:
Are you really saying that people have been investing their effort into innovating the technology and skills of porting?

Porting has been the same for years if not decades. There are good ports. There are bad ports. Nobody's running around putting in $$$$$$ into porting technology and optimization. There's going to be good and bad ports for the next decades, too. Pull your head out of your ass and actually look at the situation.

Bro, fucking WB, one of the industry's scummiest publishers, in a completely unprecedented move, decided to pull the game from Steam and retail because of how badly it was damaging their reputation. This is the level of fuck up we are talking about here. And yet here you are, still defending it with "other ports had problems too!". That you accuse me of spinning like Fox News is beyond hilarious, and makes me think this is all a huge troll. I dearly hope it's a troll really, the alternative is simply too horrid...

And what was wrong with textures in Dark Souls anyway? KBM controls were bad in a typical Japanese fashion, but could easily be fixed as well. Game was still a better deal at $20 than AK is at $60. And it is widely regarded as one of the worst PC ports of recent years, so arguing that it's almost as bad as AK really does you no favors, you know.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sumbody gon' get fired or possibly sued over this :D

Rocksteady is mad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom