Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Fuck. I forgot how good Battle Brothers is. I am going to bed way too late today.

Cogemesiter

Novice
I couldn’t find any other threads on Battle Brothers, but would you reccomend it at the current price with all the DLCs? Sell me on the game. Also it is sad to hear about them wanting to make the game more accessible to a bigger audience, gatekeeping is how you keep games good.

rojay

Scholar
Watch a few videos, but if you like turn-based, tactical combat it's a no-brainer. The base game is damn near perfect. Your first few runs will end in sorrow but you'll eventually learn the systems well enough to survive until the mid-game and then your next few runs will end in sorrow. Eventually, if you stick with it, you'll be steamrolling everything that comes your way with some notable exceptions that you should discover for yourself.

It was the first game in 10 years where I said to myself, "just one more turn" before going to sleep. It's addictive and I'd buy it again at full price.

I can only tell you about a few of the DLC - beasts and exploration, northern raiders and the southern (Islamic) thing. All of those are good, but were I you I'd just start with the base game and if you enjoy it, buy the DLC too.

Cogemesiter

Novice
Watch a few videos, but if you like turn-based, tactical combat it's a no-brainer. The base game is damn near perfect. Your first few runs will end in sorrow but you'll eventually learn the systems well enough to survive until the mid-game and then your next few runs will end in sorrow. Eventually, if you stick with it, you'll be steamrolling everything that comes your way with some notable exceptions that you should discover for yourself.

It was the first game in 10 years where I said to myself, "just one more turn" before going to sleep. It's addictive and I'd buy it again at full price.

I can only tell you about a few of the DLC - beasts and exploration, northern raiders and the southern (Islamic) thing. All of those are good, but were I you I'd just start with the base game and if you enjoy it, buy the DLC too.

Thanks for the quick reply. Lately I’ve been enjoying Quasimorph which is a turn based “tactical” type game but revolving around just you and not a group, but I’ve been enjoying it. I think I’ll give this game a go.

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
Just don't get too attached to your bros and don't get too rigid with your standards about recruiting bros either. You can use mods for more efficient recruit filtering, but I don't use them. It takes out the fun of finding diamonds in the rough or turning turds into gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom