Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Battle Brothers - now with Blazing Deserts DLC

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Antigoon, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Sarissofoi Savant

Sarissofoi
    A feature that is best turned off.
    I mean there is contract that can spawn siege but settlements can go puff as their HP is tied to attached location and their garrison is easily wiped as they all lack fortification(where my city defense maps?) and allies not support each other(they spawn hundreds troops in noble war but undead or green invasion they don't give a fuck).
    I would say that is all tied to fucked up economy system and one contract at time(with contracts spawning stuff).
    >oh player earn to much money from contracts and from loot
    >let lower contract pay a lot
    >they still earn to much cash from loot
    >lets make that enemies don't drop all items on death
    >oh now players struggle
    >well increase spawn rate of enemies and their lairs
    >now they level too fast
    >lets increase level caps and add levels over 11(with no chance to hire experienced troops) then so reaching end game will take longer
    All lead to plenty of battles that have little influence of global map and increased grind that minimize risk taking.
    Instead of rarer battles when player can take a risks and take losses. Making events happening originally on global map but with enough time for player to react to them would be ideal.
    >anyway, will we get new battle maps?

• Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Luka-boy Arcane

Luka-boy
    Aw yeah!
    [​IMG]
    And even if it's a small thing, being able to better influence the colour of your Brothers' equipment is something I always wanted.

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    I hope it won't trade the mercenary for a Witcher vibe, but it's still welcome that they didn't abandon the game. I'd have preferred an expansion of the low-fantasy elements, but still will buy the DLC. Hopefully they will flesh out the vague announcements like "new possibilities", "exploration" a bit more in the dev diaries.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Developer

Elhoim
    Hopefully they implement the interior tilesets from the early screenshots/concepts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    I hope there will be giant spiders.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    Wolfmother was a prequel novella.

Show Spoiler
    It is heavily implied that the kid - whose name keeps going unnamed - is the captain in BB. At the end of BB another man takes command and he's known as a 'brash' leader who often goes into situations headfirst. His first order is to go seeking a certain brigand in the nearby areas.

I'm considering expanding the pre-BB universe through novellas or novels, particularly on the events concerning the Battle of Many Names which was an apocalyptic event for the setting.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Jimmious Arcane Patron

Jimmious
    sser, are you allowed to give us any sort of spoiler? :P

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. sser Arcane Cuck Developer

sser
    The new enemies coming up are pretty rad :M

• Participation Award x 2
    • incline x 2
    • [citation needed] x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. vota DC Liturgist

vota DC
    Game will be 100% moddable.
    Why? Because they will introduce beasts.

Beast-->Polar Bear-->Knut-->You can edit CNUT files now

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 4
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Barbarian Arcane

Barbarian
    Everything sounds pretty good to me. A few days ago the game was abandoned and now we are getting a free patch and a full expansion.

sser any idea how much will be added in terms of expanding the late game crisis and adding more "objectives" so to speak? New enemies/variety will improve the game a lot sure, but endgame is one of the things really needing improvement.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Radical enemies confirmed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Zanzoken Arcane

Zanzoken
    The beast hunting sounds cool but I wonder if it will really be the worth the risk. Given the length of time it takes to develop a quality bro, do you really want to risk them against a Yeti? It could be new exercise of the 3-skull contract problem.

I'm glad we're getting new content though. Will be a D1P for me unless the price is outrageous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Teut Busnet Erudite

Teut Busnet
    They said you'll be able to craft stuff to equip your Bros with from the beasts.

Since hunting for new gear is the main motivation for many players (maybe after beating all crises), fighting those things will be more rewarding than taking a random three skull contract.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Cool stuff. In particular I'd love to see more events, special areas, unusual items, that actually matter - the little vignettes we have now are delightful to read but almost negligible for gameplay.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Arctrax Novice

Arctrax
    Great to hear about new content for this game, love it ! Looking forward to spent a bajillion hours dying (again)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    :nocountryforshitposters:
    Bitch please, it took me one second to find an interview where they stated that they were burned out. I also remember other places where they stated that.

source

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    My bet is, their new game (which might be way better than Phoenix Point regarding inventory and gameplay) is taking longer than expected.
    Which means they are running out of money.
    Maybe they are getting tired of development again (which resulted in a lot of scrapped gameplay elements on the release of BB).

As had been said several times, BB could haven been a great game, an instant classic, if they had included and fleshed out all they had planned.

That being said still looking forward to the DLC, but I rather do not get over-hyped, as the last time I was, they didn't deliver.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Reason for BB DLC might also be that they think that market for modern/sci-fi tactical games is way more saturated than fantasy genre.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    True, personally I would rather see them developing their new game, than going back to BB, after a year, after stating no DLC's.

The sad part is, I do think they are talented.
    I hope they do not mess up, again.

^ Top  
  20. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They are not burned out anymore. At least what I have been told. They are glad to be doing BB stuff again.

^ Top  
  21. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    Only time will tell how quickly they get burned out again (or already are with their new game).

^ Top  
  22. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    You say it like getting burned out is some kind of unusual crime that only the particularly weak-willed are susceptible to.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Filthy Kalinite Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    He's German.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Well, it's a bit different now since they are working on the game as a studio and not doing stuff in their spare time after work.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. PanteraNera Cipher

PanteraNera
    Well you are not going to become a marathon man (or iron man) or anything else (successful) if you quit early.
    Also the game industry is a fucking though business with lots of expected overtime.
    You have to be strong willed (and passionate).
    They have quit early once (upsetting a lot of their fans).
    People have pre-orderd their game as they trusted them to make the game they talked in detail about in their excellent dev-blogs.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.