Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Citizen

Bh4KSLl.jpg

3D was a mistake. This screenshot is worth million words. Some games look ugly, but their graphics are informative and clean. Some are messy and bloated, but look pretty. This is both ugly and messy.

Cross

Arcane

Here we go. For those not believing it's an agenda being pushed.

I mean, you just release a game, and pronouns is the big thing...

Can't wait until it is mandatory in all games.
Good to see the lead designer is focusing on the important stuff and not silly little things like the game's laundry list of technical issues and interface problems.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
sser wants to do a review of this but it looks like we're not going to get a review key (no reply from Paradox). If anybody has a spare key they're willing to donate for the glory of the Codex, shoot me a PM.

Huh, they sent us a key after all. "So sorry for the delay!"

mustawd. You gave us your key, so I'll give you this one.
Hmmm i see,no good dead remains unpunished.

Here we go. For those not believing it's an agenda being pushed.

I mean, you just release a game, and pronouns is the big thing...

Can't wait until it is mandatory in all games.

This will be the day i begin playing football with the local drunks,ah it sounds glorious.

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone has an optimal build for Centurion?

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane

The "Yen Lo Wang" is quite a famous (and pretty fun) one: AC/20 with two tons and 2 MLs

But in this game, as you get the Cent quite early, some people are even using it as an LRM platform or (gasp) putting jump jets on it - no restrictions on jjs in this game.

I would go Yen Lo Wang and make sure to use the empty left arm as a "shield arm", ie facing the enemy with that side whenever possible.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

The "Yen Lo Wang" is quite a famous (and pretty fun) one: AC/20 with two tons and 2 MLs

But in this game, as you get the Cent quite early, some people are even using it as an LRM platform or (gasp) putting jump jets on it - no restrictions on jjs in this game.

I would go Yen Lo Wang and make sure to use the empty left arm as a "shield arm", ie facing the enemy with that side whenever possible.
Yen Lo Wang's left arm has a hatchet in it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Jump Jets can be only put on light and medium mechs.. or are you talking about some other restrictions?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Jump Jets can be only put on light and medium mechs.. or are you talking about some other restrictions?
Grasshopper is a 70t heavy. It better come with jump jets because that is its defining feature.

EDIT:
Heavy+ 'mechs with jump jets:
Highlander 90t
Victor 80t
Cataphract 70t
Grasshopper 70t
Thunderbolt-SE variant 65t
Catapult 65t
Quickdraw 60t

That is just off the top of my head from the 3025-era (except the Cataphract, but I know that one is in the game).

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yen Lo Wang's left arm has a hatchet in it.

Yes, unfortunately no hatchets in this game. So this is the closest one can come.
Well, 4 tons extra to play with is no joke. Jump jets is a definite possibility. Although, I'd drop the AC altogether and go PPC and medium laser combo with extra heatsinks, but that is mainly because I prefer no ammo configs (I give allowance for SRM due to Inferno rounds and gauss rifles).

ArchAngel

Arcane

Grasshopper is a 70t heavy. It better come with jump jets because that is its defining feature.

EDIT:
Heavy+ 'mechs with jump jets:
Highlander 90t
Victor 80t
Cataphract 70t
Grasshopper 70t
Thunderbolt-SE variant 65t
Catapult 65t
Quickdraw 60t

That is just off the top of my head from the 3025-era (except the Cataphract, but I know that one is in the game).
Well I don't have any heavies yet but ingame tutorial said jump jets are only for light and medium mechs. It could be just that the tutorial is wrong lol

Bohr

Arcane

The restrictions I was talking about were that some mechs traditionally come without jump jets but HBS allow jjs on all mechs, which sparked a lot of debate over the last couple of years. Remember you can buy "heavy" jump jets, so if you can't fit jjs to a heavy make sure you have those versions.

sSBrhBRz_o.png

Last edited:
They can all jump, you just need the right type of jets. Lights/mediums use their own type. 60-85 ton mechs use another type, and 90-100 ton mechs use a third. Get the right ones and anything can jump.

Bohr

Arcane
Well I don't have any heavies yet but ingame tutorial said jump jets are only for light and medium mechs. It could be just that the tutorial is wrong lol

They said they would fix that tutorial screen showing FTL dropships so I'm starting to think those tutorial screens were done by an intern (or Paradox or something).

Haven't got any assaults (or seen them on streams earlier) but can confirm you can fit heavy jump jets to a Dragon.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I was considering a DFA build but I'm fairly sure that *only* heavy/assault mechs make for a good death from above/small weapons build. The DFA damage of medium mechs seems too low, plus their legs wear out damn fast.

ArchAngel

Arcane

They said they would fix that tutorial screen showing FTL dropships so I'm starting to think those tutorial screens were done by an intern (or Paradox or something).

Haven't got any assaults (or seen them on streams earlier) but can confirm you can fit heavy jump jets to a Dragon.
I was looking for descriptions of FTL dropships that people mentioned in this thread but could find none. I guess they did fix this.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
3D was a mistake. This screenshot is worth million words. Some games look ugly, but their graphics are informative and clean. Some are messy and bloated, but look pretty. This is both ugly and messy.

All the battle environments have some kind of filter like some kind of colored smog/haze. On some maps is more predominant than others but 3D is not a mistake. It's suitable for a game where mechs are blocky

I was considering a DFA build but I'm fairly sure that *only* heavy/assault mechs make for a good death from above/small weapons build. The DFA damage of medium mechs seems too low, plus their legs wear out damn fast.
Leg mods give a flat reduction to DFA damage, so maybe that makes lights (like say a firestarter) or a medium more viable for DFA builds?

Alpharius

Scholar
Btw, on the length of campaing: completed about 8 story missions(so probably 2 to go?) and, according to steam acivements, 20 procedurally generated missions. Already have a full assault lance, so further non-story missions are pretty much meaningless (and even 5-skull ones very rarely have any enemy assaults).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Btw, on the length of campaing: completed about 8 story missions(so probably 2 to go?) and, according to steam acivements, 20 procedurally generated missions. Already have a full assault lance, so further non-story missions are pretty much meaningless (and even 5-skull ones very rarely have any enemy assaults).
Sooo can you change sides in the campaign?

ArchAngel

Arcane
And what does Steam say about your playtime?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom