Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best Non-RPGs of 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You know I've heard some conflicting reports on Blacklist.
It has ups and downs. It's not that close to the original trilogy, but it's considerably better than Conviction.
It had quite good gameplay and a fair bit of nice level design, and it can be played as an actual stealth game, but mechanically it was a bit rough around the edges at times. It did have some amount of 7th gen retardation but I can't help but to like it because it was the last hurrah of the series.

Just play it for yourself and see what you think of it, and don't make too many assumptions very early on (get past Iraq at least, those levels aren't great) after that if you like the gameplay and level design enough then keep playing.

I like it enough to have completed it 3 times. Out of all stealth games in the 2010s it's pretty much leagues ahead of most of the competition, because there isn't nearly any at all.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah Conviction is pretty bad. Has some neat stealth sections but drowning in too much other shit. I remember Blacklist being much better.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Deadly Premonition (2010) - I love this game. Twin Peaks simulator by a japanese madman. It's a crappy port of a crappily optimized PS3 game that looks like a PS2 game, though.

Yeah, DP does have a pretty unique setting and atmosphere. Unfortunately, when I tried playing the PC version some years ago, it was so buggy that I couldn't finish it.
Yeah, same here, the PC version crashed and burned at some point. I finished it on PS3.

Right now it probably runs better with the ps3 emulator. It may even be finishable.

janior

Arcane
Patron
2009 Bayonetta
2010 Mount & Blade: Warband
2011 Dark Souls
2012 CK2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom