Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best setting and geography of an RPG

Iucounu

Educated
A couple of settings I don't like would be modern Western cities and Cyberpunk. I could make an exception for the latter's virtual reality worlds, but its dystopian sides feel just depressing.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Skyrim from Skyrim V: The Skyrim. They made a frozen hellhole look magical, geographically diverse, and a place I'd want to visit in my lucid dreams.

Gotta give Skyrim Studios, Inc. props for that, if nothing else. *squints contemptuously at Elden Ring*

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sewers.
With rats, slimes, half-eaten beggar corpses and blinking eyes in the darkness around the corner belonging to god knows what.
It's sad that although many great rpgs have beautifully done sewer levels, there aren't any rpg I can think of that's entirely set in a sewer. There are ones set in underground tunnels and ruins but that's not quite the same.
So, Eugene Oregon near my parents house? Fantastic. Grab a spear and a blade… we hunt VERMIN tonight!

oasis789

Arcane
quality > quantity
instead of open world focus on one place and go deep

Spike

Educated
Gothic 1 and 2, absolutely. Also not to blow anyone's balls off but Dragon's Dogma. Feels like a classic '80s fantasy environment. As if I have seen a number of those sights in various old OVAs or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom