Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Someone should tell that dumb bitch that until the game shows a scene where dracula physically rapes the victim, she should shut her mouth. The vampire sucked her dry. That's what vampires do. He didn't rape the victim and the developers should not have to worry because some SJW has rape flashbacks triggered by the scene.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why would they? The best that they can hope for is "well, he did drain the guy too, but it still is problematic. When you can't win, why bother playing?
Vampires are intentionally problematic, they are implicitly about rape. So I'm not sure what they have to lose.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Is this adjective also part of newspeak? I keep seeing it time and time again.
I hear it used alot, too. Mostly as a euphemism for "Something the SJW crowd will inevitably bitch and moan about/Something that I WANT to be changed, or else I'll get my buddies on tumblr and twitter to bitch and moan about it".

It's basically just used by passive aggressive pseudo-intellectuals who clearly want whatever it is to be changed, but won't outright state it for fear of being labelled a fanatic.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I hear it used alot, too. Mostly as a euphemism for "Something the SJW crowd will inevitably bitch and moan about/Something that I WANT to be changed, or else I'll get my buddies on tumblr and twitter to bitch and moan about it".

It's basically just used by passive aggressive pseudo-intellectuals who clearly want whatever it is to be changed, but won't outright state it for fear of being labelled a fanatic.
Though in this case it's a hijacked word, not some bullshit they made up themselves like Trigger Warning.

Tehdagah

Arcane
All the other "journalists" lie, only the brave USgamer tells the hard truth like the scions of Bernstein and Woodward they are.

It's all a publicity stunt set up by the devs and USGamer is in on it
Someone here is misinterpreting. I don't know if Bailey was blinded or the men collectively didn't notice, but I can trust my own eyes.
Shouldn't be hard to notice Dracula sucking the father's blood.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

More like to sound intimidating and be labelled a fanatic.

sJ2weuI.jpg

Oh shit it's Johan.

Someone should tell that dumb bitch that until the game shows a scene where dracula physically rapes the victim, she should shut her mouth. The vampire sucked her dry. That's what vampires do. He didn't rape the victim and the developers should not have to worry because some SJW has rape flashbacks triggered by the scene.

Well, according to Kat's own words, "a withered Dracula stumbled toward a family with his arms outstretched, the camera abruptly switching to a first-person perspective. He kills the father outright, then grabs the mother and sinks his fangs into her neck, draining her life energy to restore his."

For someone shocked to see a scene "clearly meant to evoke images of sexual assault", her own description of the scene is pretty bland. So she either automatically interprets "powerful man attacks defenseless woman" as "rape", or she's cooking up controversy for clicks.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
That quote is an advertisement for the latest version of Internet Explorer btw, that for some reason has been personified as a Japanese teen girl.:roll:

Bilgefar

Savant
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/yes-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-did-make-me-feel-uncomfortable-

I'm sitting in a roundtable interview with a handful of journalists after having just spent more than an hour playing Lords of Shadow 2, the scene in question being one in which a withered Dracula stumbled toward a family with his arms outstretched, the camera abruptly switching to a first-person perspective. He kills the father outright, then grabs the mother and sinks his fangs into her neck, draining her life energy to restore his.

Sexualized imagery is nothing new in vampire fiction, but this scene is kind of stunning for how blatant it is with its allusions to rape. It's a scene that forcibly reminds me of the boxart from RapeLay, down to the woman protecting her child and the disembodied arms (your arms) reaching out from the camera. Regardless of the intentions in constructing the scene, the imagery is ghastly.

Yes, I told Cox. That scene did in fact make me uncomfortable. His reply is so swift that I can barely even get the word "yes" out of my mouth: "That's what we wanted. That's exactly what we wanted."

So while I applaud Cox and his team for their desire to take on challenging material, I really hope they cut the Family Scene before Lords of Shadow 2 launches next month.

I think it is all reprehensible to begin with, but it's funny that an innocuous allusion in a video game is again met with such outcry by the SJW scene because it happens to be in a videogame made by men, so much that the SJW weirdo want it censured, but obsenities like Fifty Shade of Gray are mainstream and totally cool.

Oh hey, this is the first time vampires are represented as a sexual threat, what a turn-around moment for this legendary ladykilling predator.

...Oh. Wait.

Seriously. Nosferatu gave off much more of a rapey vibe than her description of this game, and that's the father of all vampire movies.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The majority of backers seem quite pleased with their graphical IF so it looks like a success to me. :cool:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom