Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
the legendary 'Master Chief' returns for the continuation of the 'Halo' saga

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It's as if you people haven't read that kind of stuff dozens of times before - in this thread only. Can you be really that shocked time and time and time again?
I might still be disgusted by retarded posts on obsidian forums (at least it was supposed to be more high brow) or by @sgc_meltdown's pastes (come back sergeant!), but consoletard derpers' drivel? come the fuck on.

It's as if you people haven't read that kind of stuff dozens of times before - in this thread only. Can you be really that shocked time and time and time again?
I might still be disgusted by retarded posts on obsidian forums (at least it was supposed to be more high brow) or by @sgc_meltdown's pastes (come back sergeant!), but consoletard derpers' drivel? come the fuck on.
It's from a mainstream news network, likely just some intern who looked up a bunch of buzzwords.

Most news networks have always been derpy when it comes to reporting on videogames.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Im sorry, Ive tried maybe 40 times to get into all of these games but they are too horribly imbalanced and ridiculously hard. If anything this is a learning experience, don't make games that regular people can't play and get into, especially ones that actually have a promising story.

I barely managed to get past gene forge 1 with the moderators literally pulling me towards the end and have been unable to get past a 1/4 of any of the other games. The problem and the biggest one at that, is that Jeff made this game with the mindset of it being a solo character game. The creations were only going to be a thing for the shapers, and the agent flew solo, problem is guardians, (the class I play) are the most weakest characters Ive ever seen. Im supposed to be this powerful shaper and yet 1 shot from an artila and my guardian is dead. Its really just pathetic.

I really don't know whats worse imbalance wise, Geneforge series or Inquisitor. Im taking bets on gene forge. The sad thing is I admire the guy jeff for his Avernum Escape from the Pit, and Avadon, but what was he thinking when he made these games.

http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=418&p=3725#p3725

Why do these people always have to start their rant by saying they are sorry? Is it a way to give some weight to their arguments or escape potential angry comments?

Phelot

Arcane
It's a way of saying that you realize the target of your rant is very popular among others and that you're sorry for offending them

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
people get butthurt if you don't put a disclaimer about your "intentions" towards the game or whatever

AngryKobold

Arcane
Criticism on knees, with a tongue covered in vaseline, is a socially accepted form of debate. Otherwise you're arrogant, entitled, whining, etc.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

I believe this thing is called "filmic tonemapping"

To me the process looks like one of blending everything to grey and desaturating it.
In addition, I think this post-processing filter strives to give the rendered frame equal luminosity.
It's pretty retarded really, since the renders without the filters look a hundred times better.

EDIT: Not to mention, our eyes don't work like that...

I actually like the color processed result in the game. :(

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
600x336px-LL-9496f5d0_bf3-alpha47.jpeg
I still haven't played BF3 but this picture makes me wonder what the fuck happened? Who in their right mind thinks that blue looks better?

Kitako

Arcane
I think Adam Jensen broke (or hacked) my Steam. Today I found this in my downloads:

0xqgU.jpg

17 millions of terabytes, what's that? Echelon IV?
Obligatory "I never asked for this"

:neveraskedforthis:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom