Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda caught out in lies over Interplay case

Mister Arkham

Scholar
I'd just as soon see both burn away, but we all know that won't happen as a result of this. Wouldn't it be great though? The license could be retired and we could all go home, not exactly happy, but at least a little less sad.

MetalCraze

Arcane
There is only one game license that got lucky and it's a System Shock one. It belongs to three different studios which don't want to do anything with it but don't want to give it fully away to the other one at the same time.
Big chances are - we will never see a System Shock sequel again. And thanks god.

huge.3.16199.JPG

Gerrard

Arcane
Vibalist said:
MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.

MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda.
I bet you wish HTML wasn't disabled now.

I wish I was a lawyer at work for one of them. How I would love to wriggle endless sums of money while prolonging the case as long as possible and leave neither side better for it. But at least I can sit on the sidelines and watch as it happens.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
Overweight Manatee said:
I wish I was a lawyer at work for one of them. How I would love to wriggle endless sums of money while prolonging the case as long as possible and leave neither side better for it. But at least I can sit on the sidelines and watch as it happens.

you're a manatee, you can't be a lawyer

Shoelip

Arbiter
I'm rooting for Interplay in this. Herve's bullshit may have been the reason for all the crap Bethesda got to do to Fallout but Bethesda are the ones who're doing it.

Interplay losing might just put them out of business, and that means Chris Taylor and Jason Anderson lose their jobs. Bethesda has made tons of money off their latest travesties so they won't shut down from losing a court case like this, but it'll hurt them at least a little bit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda. Interplay and Herve must be destroyed. If not for Herve Fallout wouldn't have been raped so hard.

Yeah, well, without Interplay Fallout wouldn't have existed if you want to go that way.
It's a shame that Interplay now is a synonym for Herve, but nothing is worse than Bethesda. Nothing.

Shoelip

Arbiter
FeelTheRads said:
MetalCraze said:
I root for Bethesda. Interplay and Herve must be destroyed. If not for Herve Fallout wouldn't have been raped so hard.

Yeah, well, without Interplay Fallout wouldn't have existed if you want to go that way.
It's a shame that Interplay now is a synonym for Herve, but nothing is worse than Bethesda. Nothing.

Not even a box of dead babies?

Shoelip

Arbiter
Ausir said:
Interplay losing might just put them out of business, and that means Chris Taylor and Jason Anderson lose their jobs.

Jason Anderson has already left Interplay and is now working on Wasteland 2 at Brian Fargo's inXile. See:

http://wasteland.wikia.com/wiki/Wasteland_2_FAQ

Well in that case, what about Chris Taylor? We can't let the only Chris Taylor in the game industry be the guy who made one awesome game and then devolved into mediocrity. He doesn't even have an interesting name like Garriot of Molyneux, and those guys made more than one good game!

DraQ

Arcane
Shoelip said:
FeelTheRads said:
MetalCraze said:

Not even a box of dead babies?
Not even RL recreation of a hentai featuring such box.

Ausir

Arcane
Well in that case, what about Chris Taylor? We can't let the only Chris Taylor in the game industry be the guy who made one awesome game and then devolved into mediocrity.

Actually, he's one of the two Chris Taylors in the game industry. The other one made Total Annihilation and Dungeon Siege.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Er... that's the one I was talking about... but now that you mention it... Oh well... whatever. I still would rather Beth get hurt than Interplay get shut down. Competition is good for consumers, and good for the market in the long run. The problem is people don't give a shit about the long term.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom