Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bethesda, maker of the Fallout series!

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Whatever the final Fallout III may be like, I am looking forward to years of fun watching you guys and the NMA crowd variously foaming at the mouth, throwing tantrums, making witty derogatory remarks, posting about your utter disillusionment, with gaming in general and Bethsoft in particular, beating down Bethesda Fanboys.... It's gonna be great!

kris

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Bethesda has streamlined the skills section quite a bit from Morrowind, primarily with the purpose of creating balance and allowing true role-playing to occur

Finally I always wanted to try on "true" roleplaying. I hope I will grow horns when I am evil and that black clothes will make me more evil. I also hope they have big red flashing arrows on the ground to my mission objective so I don't do stupid things like becoming lost. Everyone knows that the chosen one never get lost. Since I am the choosen one, make sure that no opponent in the game can kill me or even challenge me, that would be just patethic and so out of fashion in modern true roleplaying games.

I am sure they "balanced" the short and long blade skills really well at this point. :cool:

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
GhanBuriGhan said:
Whatever the final Fallout III may be like, I am looking forward to years of fun watching you guys and the NMA crowd variously foaming at the mouth, throwing tantrums, making witty derogatory remarks, posting about your utter disillusionment, with gaming in general and Bethsoft in particular, beating down Bethesda Fanboys.... It's gonna be great!

Yeah! I can't wait!

Briosafreak

Augur
The game is set to be released on the PC and on X-Box 360, that´s the only thing we`re sure by now, by now whoever goes to NMA or DAC already knows that.

Kuato

Liturgist
I cant wait to wander endlessly through 40 square miles of meticulously simulated desert. I predict 99% of fallout III will consist of running around in a desert, grab your bucket and pail for the ultimate sandbox game:)

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
But it's going to be a desert with realistic soil erosion!

They're going to get rid of all those annoying stats, too, so when you create a character, instead of STR, PER, etc. theres the DIFF. Adding points to the difficulty slider makes the game easier! Innovation!

Brillo

Novice
GhanBuriGhan said:
Awwwwwwww, yeah. Gonna be some real clash of the titans shit there.

PS. We talking old school Bethesda fanboys here, or the Oblivion/X-Box crowd? Maybe all three. You know Bethesda's dreading the day when they actually have to open up some fallout forums and those three groups smush together. That'll be... interesting.

dunduks

Liturgist
Brillo said:
You know Bethesda's dreading the day when they actually have to open up some fallout forums and those three groups smush together. That'll be... interesting.
That will be a sight to see - flames, bannings and overall chaos.
Final Fallout 3 wil be teh greatest game evar!!!!
I dread the moment when the features of F3 are going to be released.

bryce777

Erudite
Fallout 3, Final Appocalypse: Terminator versus Supermutant.

THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL.

The forum bashins will be amusing. If someone did actually attack bethesda corporate headquarters, rpgs would finally get the attatention they deserve!

Kraszu

Prophet
The forum bashins will be amusing. If someone did actually attack bethesda corporate headquarters, rpgs would finally get the attatention they deserve!

I can hear the head line news: computer role plaing games fan Patric S. had atacked game developer of the new game Final Fallot 3, apparently he didn't like the changes that game designing company Betseda want to implay in the series. In older games of the series player was able to kill kids.

Section8

Cipher
Sorry, I'll make sure to sugarcoat it next time. I'd hate to offend anybody by accident.

Don't sugarcoat, and it's not a matter of offending anyone, it's more about not looking like a dick. By all means, give enough quote rope to show the previewer hanging himself, but you don't need to actively tell us how dumb he is. Here at the Codex, we're supposed to be able to figure that out by ourselves. ;)

It's not what the retard said.

No it's not, but what do we gain from hearing about it? I'd say, go tell him he's wrong, but Drakron has already done so. His reply?

For the record, Bethesda acquired the rights to the "Fallout® franchise on the PC, home consoles, handhelds, and other media, with the option to develop and publish additional sequels" on July 12, 2004. They are currently working on Fallout 3.

Again, my apologies on that.

He either got it wrong, or phrased it horribly, but he's apologised and moved on. Stupidity only becomes unforgivable if it turns a blind eye to fact. If he'd replied and said "OMFG LOL u don't know ne thnig!!!" then by all means, fling insults at him. But even then, tis hardly newsworthy. Besides, a face-to-face flamewar is far better entertainment than sniping at a victim that's probably completely unaware he's being insulted.

What's news then? Dungeon Siege review #127? Oblivion "will you look at the pretty graphics" vanilla preview #42? I'm open to suggestions.

It's a slow news week/month/year, that's for sure, but "OFMG tihs previwer is so st00pid lol" #5387 is not the slant that's going to make the dull news any more exciting.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Briosafreak said:
The game is set to be released on the PC and on X-Box 360, that´s the only thing we`re sure by now, by now whoever goes to NMA or DAC already knows that.
Hey, fuck off, lady. Everyone who goes to RPG Codex knows that too :lol:*
* some exceptions apply

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Section8 said:
Don't sugarcoat, and it's not a matter of offending anyone, it's more about not looking like a dick.
It's a small sacrifice I'm willing to make for .... Well, I'm sure there is some upside to that :lol:

By all means, give enough quote rope to show the previewer hanging himself, but you don't need to actively tell us how dumb he is. Here at the Codex, we're supposed to be able to figure that out by ourselves. ;)
Ok, fine, you win.

No it's not, but what do we gain from hearing about it? I'd say, go tell him he's wrong...
Where is fun in that? Not to mention that telling every moron about every mistake he made is a full time job. What was it that Saint said once? Something like "at this point it's easier to call you a moron than to argue".

He either got it wrong, or phrased it horribly, but he's apologised and moved on.
So? Did he fix the review? No. Besides, if that was the only stupid thing about review, I would agree with you. The entire review, if you read it, is idiotic. As a news guy, I'm exposed to such stupidity daily and I'm getting low on tolerance. People should pay more attention to what they write and expose masses to.

Besides, a face-to-face flamewar is far better entertainment than sniping at a victim that's probably completely unaware he's being insulted.
Hey, hopefully he will show up eventually to grace us with something stupid.

It's a slow news week/month/year, that's for sure, but "OFMG tihs previwer is so st00pid lol" #5387 is not the slant that's going to make the dull news any more exciting.
It's more entertaining.

Edit: I just checked the comments.

Hi, thanks for your preview.
It's possible to know the hardware on which you have installed and used the game ?
It's funny that some people still think that reviewers actually play games they write about.

hiciacit

Liturgist
I can hear the head line news: computer role plaing games fan Patric S. had atacked game developer of the new game Final Fallot 3, apparently he didn't like the changes that game designing company Betseda want to implay in the series. In older games of the series player was able to kill kids.

Patrick Stewart???

:lol:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
1Editor's note: It has been brought to our attention an error in this preview; Bethesda Softworks did not publish the Fallout series. It was developed by Black Isle Studios and published by Interplay. Also, it was Looking Glass Studios that was responsible for Thief, not Lion Head Studios. Thank you to the many who have pointed this out. And once again, the Junkyard apologizes for these errors.

heh :lol:

Drakron

Arcane
That is why I pointed out in the forums published and/or developed by Interplay because there was no Black Isle in the time of Fallout, Black Isle was a division of Interplay and that Fallout:Tactics and Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel were both developed outside Interplay.

If you are previewing/reviewing something and you cannot get some facts right then your credibility goes out the window.

Chefe

Erudite
My version of Fallout was developed by 3DO.

I can't wait for Fallout 3: Revenge of the Mutants. I'm preparing my heavy artillery for when Bethesda announces just how exactly they raped it.

bryce777

Erudite
Saying made by would be fine for interplay or black isle; some people just like to be pedantic.

On the other hand bethesda has nothing to do with fallout except they paid millions of dollars for the chance to make gaems called fallout which are nothing like the originals.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Vault Dweller is Rex Lite.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom