Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda: Scammers or Game-makers?

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
bryce777 said:
GhanBuriGhan said:
Vault Dweller said:
Nothing new here. It's clear to anyone that Bethesda used every trick in the book to hype, lie, and mislead potential customers, not admitting/denying anything negative until the last possible minute (spears, levitation, the CS, etc), and exaggerating everything else. They did the same with MW, so I'm surprised why it comes as a shock to some people.

The points made in that thread are actually moot, as explained nicely and soberly by Hungry Donner a few posts down. But I guess nothing is too low lately to fuel your little Bethesda conspiracy theory.

Hehehehe. Jesus you need a new brain. An outlandish 'conspiracy' to overhype a game.

Yeah, we have NEVER seen a company hype the shit out of a game and le to its customers. EVER.

Jackass.

Being called names by you is always a compliment. Anyway, there is a difference between Hype and PR and blatant lying and misleading customers. I am not happy with how Bethesda has handled certain things, but neither do I think they have crossed that line.
VD, your problem is that you seem to consistently perceive "facts" only when they fit your preconceived notions regarding this game and company, and ignore them if not. A slightly more dialectic aproach would do you good.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
GhanBuriGhan said:
VD, your problem is that you seem to consistently perceive "facts" only when they fit your preconceived notions regarding this game and company, and ignore them if not. A slightly more dialectic aproach would do you good.
Can you be a bit more specific? I'll be glad to learn and become a better person, if you show me the way. So, what facts did I miss or ignore? Also, even if there are facts proving that Bethesda is the bestest and most caring developer in the whole wide world, that I missed due to mental problems and being crazy in general, what do they have to do with facts of lying and misleading that I did manage to perceive?

bryce777

Erudite
GhanBuriGhan said:
bryce777 said:
GhanBuriGhan said:
Vault Dweller said:
Nothing new here. It's clear to anyone that Bethesda used every trick in the book to hype, lie, and mislead potential customers, not admitting/denying anything negative until the last possible minute (spears, levitation, the CS, etc), and exaggerating everything else. They did the same with MW, so I'm surprised why it comes as a shock to some people.

The points made in that thread are actually moot, as explained nicely and soberly by Hungry Donner a few posts down. But I guess nothing is too low lately to fuel your little Bethesda conspiracy theory.

Hehehehe. Jesus you need a new brain. An outlandish 'conspiracy' to overhype a game.

Yeah, we have NEVER seen a company hype the shit out of a game and le to its customers. EVER.

Jackass.

Being called names by you is always a compliment. Anyway, there is a difference between Hype and PR and blatant lying and misleading customers. I am not happy with how Bethesda has handled certain things, but neither do I think they have crossed that line.

And yet it's your opinion the rpgcodex is full of conspiracy theorists. Sorry, but your credibility is less than zero.

The Internets

Scholar
A couple of posts down from the first one a moderator wrote this about the delay:

ignorant apologist said:
However this wasn't some thuggish marketing move. From behind-the-scenes comments that several devs made early last fall I know they felt they could get the game out that winter. In fact a few weeks before the delay this still held true.

And that says what about Bethesda?

ignorant apologist said:
Missing the release date certainly is an embarassment for Bethesda and it will likely hurt them economically, but at least they didn't rush a buggy product out for a Christmas release.

At the xBox 360 launch event Pete gave a presentation where he showed off an xBox build that was clearly months away from being complete. It wasn't a matter of rushing a buggy product out the door, not by a long shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom