Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG, IWD, Torment for android

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gemrb still has some bugs but is nearing (reached) playability if not perfection. Good project.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Yes. It works pretty much perfectly and a 7'' tablet is about perfect for it, though the controls can be a bit of an ass. I'm considering pairing a bluetooth keyboard, but not sure if GemRB even supports that. No lag or any such thing, sound and animation etc work perfectly.

Stabwound

Arcane
I'm amazed GemRB reached a point where the games are actually playable to completion. Seems like a rather huge waste of time considering the games still work fine even on modern computers, but that's beside the point.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Well yeah, but imagine you're on a plane or waiting at the dentist's, and suddenly the urge to see Sigil grips you but your laptop's stowed away or something.

Scrolling gets a bit less awful once I realized you can scroll with double-taps. Cool.

MCA
Is it so hard to add just one tiny trackball, similar to the ones Blackberries come with, to either side or corner? It would improve functionality so much.

But these could do the trick too, I guess:

hand_trackball-thumb-550xauto-17119.jpg

wireless_usb_trackball_mouse_1.jpg

traveler350.jpg

Lesifoere

Liturgist
villain of the story said:
Is it so hard to add just one tiny trackball, similar to the ones Blackberries come with, to either side or corner? It would improve functionality so much.

Actually, my Android phone does have a trackball, but haven't tried GemRB on it yet because the screen's a little too tiny.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Wow, the great thing is that they're really using the touch screen capabilities with these games and they're not just adding shitty joypad controls on screen like all these emulators do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjutJf ... r_embedded

Gemrb is a pretty awesome thing, since there are always many problems with BG,IWD and PST when it comes to D3D emulation with modern cards. With Gemrn the games will run flawlessly.

I may give it a try with my HTC desire.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Didn't that exe hack posted on the SHP forums work?

Andhaira

Arcane
Why the fuck would you want to play games you have already played a million times over on the big screen?

pocahaunted

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Wow, the great thing is that they're really using the touch screen capabilities with these games and they're not just adding shitty joypad controls on screen like all these emulators do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjutJf ... r_embedded

I hate that, it's so obnoxious. I'd rather not play under those circumstances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom