Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bigger, badder, stranger: Mike Pondsmith talks about the world of Cyberpunk 2077

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
So, if we can even for a second exclude our past recollections of the IP, what would we say we have here, let us sum:

1)tits
2)violence (with tits too)
3)a game so well-written, so deep, engaging and fullfilling that they just had to insert a Witcher III teaser inside its teaser before they thought it ready to 'fly'

will it have ach1evementz too..?

Murk

Arcane
I'm very pleased that dubstep is the soundtrack to decline.

selkin

Liturgist
They'd need to have a very good art team to achieve such results as Fallout's cross fusion of retro+future style.
Who is going to put together the 80s with the cyberpunk repertoire in such style and professionalism?
Forgive me if I'm too morose but the Fallout comet is gone.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
They'd need to have a very good art team to achieve such results as Fallout's cross fusion of retro+future style.
Who is going to put together the 80s with the cyberpunk repertoire in such style and professionalism?
Forgive me if I'm too morose but the Fallout comet is gone.
From the trailer it looks as if they know what they're doing. I understand some people may think it looks "generic", but this is what CP2020 is supposed to look like.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The concept arts released so far more or less capture the retro feel if you ask me. It's really mostly about aesthetics and some slang, compared to fallout they're job is a bit easier as the rulebooks themselves had plenty of art in the style to base upon.

Orphismos

Novice
Hi all.
Just dropping by to say there is a forum poll going on the cyberpunk 2077 boards concerning Real Time vs Turn Based combat. The level of retardation in those posts is a sight to behold.
Here. Have fun.

DeepOcean

Arcane
If this game is going to be a GTA cyberpunk style with pseudo RPG elements, I'm going to be sad :(.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hi all.
Just dropping by to say there is a forum poll going on the cyberpunk 2077 boards concerning Real Time vs Turn Based combat. The level of retardation in those posts is a sight to behold.
Here. Have fun.

Why even have a poll about this? Like CDP will ever make a TB RPG - or heck, even a non-ARPG.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
good answer..
sad fact..

even as far as the RPG they will make of it, i hold on to my statement here..
tits
violence (with tits)
needing external factors to pump up the anticipation (for a generation of people mostly unaware of the IP prior to this)
fuck it,i will add one more, bloom

..the older i get, the more i RP through reading and PnPing..

Alex

Arcane
Hi all.
Here. Have fun.

Why even have a poll about this? Like CDP will ever make a TB RPG - or heck, even a non-ARPG.

Well, who knows? Might turn out they are actually good at making these...

Cause action RPGs pretty clearly aren't their thing :M

Still, even though I know they almost certainly won't make the game turn based, it still seems ass backwards to go after such a little known game and then take away all its good bits and leave only a name and maybe some intangible "mood".

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hi all.
Here. Have fun.

Still, even though I know they almost certainly won't make the game turn based, it still seems ass backwards to go after such a little known game and then take away all its good bits and leave only a name and maybe some intangible "mood".
They are making a video game in the setting. Using the mechanics is incidental, doesn't mean they have the fully port the entire ruleset.

Funny how I don't see anybody complaining about that in VTMB. I guess it's because storyteller isn't turn-based to begin with and that's all that mattters? Turns! TURNS!!! I GO U GO!!!

People give too many shits about the basics of combat resolution, there's much more to a ruleset than that.

Alex

Arcane
Hi all.
Here. Have fun.

They are making a video game in the setting. Using the mechanics is incidental, doesn't mean they have the fully port the entire ruleset.

Funny how I don't see anybody complaining about that in VTMB. I guess it's because storyteller isn't turn-based to begin with and that's all that mattters? Turns! TURNS!!! I GO U GO!!!

People give too many shits about the basics of combat resolution, there's much more to a ruleset than that.

CP2020 was known for its combat. I guess Vampire too, but not in a good way.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What makes CP2020 combat famous has fuck all to do with turns. They could still use the same wound systems.

Alex

Arcane
What makes CP2020 combat famous has fuck all to do with turns. They could still use the same wound systems.

Come on, Excidium. that would never fly well with twitchy combat.

Also, I am always in favor of doing a TB RPG instead of an ARPG. Vampire would have been better with the original rules for combat than that awful system they implemented instead. And with a more sandboxy element too would have been nice. The only case this wouldn't apply is if we were talking about Gothic or Risen. Or Secret of Mana.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Come on, Excidium. that would never fly well with twitchy combat.
Maybe not, but you get the idea. What they need to do is make combat fast and deadly like it is in CP2020, it doesn't mean they need to port the entire combat rules as they are.

Also, I am always in favor of doing a TB RPG instead of an ARPG.
Me too. It's harder to screw up. Even a shitty TB combat is still enjoyable.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
stale-based oldfag combat in a modern crpg?

get the fuck outta here with that aids infested idea. I GO, U GO, I GO, U GO HURRR! Combat done!

turn based combat had its time, the battle was lost and i'm glad that its day is done.

The actual ongoing decline is what people should be fighting against: Day 1 DLC (on the disk no less), 4 hour long games, corporate greed in its multitudinous forms sabotaging developers and games that are pretty much just fucking movies in disguise with little actual gameplay etc. (the list just goes on)

cdpr hasn't let me down yet so i'll keep my hopes up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom