Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

Divinity: Original Sin
Are there any "get back in the combat zone" moments in Biojoke Infinite? From the way the level layout looks in Blaine's post it sure looks very Call of Duty-like.

If you leave the area you will fall, since you're in the clouds.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nobody else is going to go through this new DLC with me? I'm forever the fuck alone in this? It's supposed to force stealth!

Fine... fuck...

Cadmus

Arcane
I felt relief and happiness when I realised I did not want Bioshock 2. I was free. After that, Infinite and Thief 4 were even easier to ignore.

Literally just looking at a screenshot, the game turns me away with its mediocrity and bland engine. Same like with CoD or Mass Effect, I feel zero desire to play them. I have ascended.

Shadenuat

Arcane

Why crossbow when you can finally play as waifu with a revolver

woo

I am waiting for "youtube edition", a walkthrough without commentary that is

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's the fucking intro people. Not saying this DLC is some gameplay tour de force but let's not judge it by the fucking intro.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
This DLC is really interesting. Not in a way that will make any of you suddenly like the game, surely, but it really is trying to be Thief all of a sudden, which is odd. How many DLCs try and change the main mechanics of the core game?

The areas are rather small, though larger and less linear than the main game by some fraction. You get an invisibility thing right off the bat which makes difficulty rather low. It's interesting though.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
hahaha ken levine ends the story of his Strong Female Character by having her

spend the DLC crying to a hallucination of Cool Dead Dad and then being tortured to death so that Cool Bioshock 1 Man can save the whole universe

A+++

Cadmus

Arcane
Insert definition of insanity here.
noun
[mass noun]
1The state of being seriously mentally ill; madness:
‘he suffered from bouts of insanity’

from oxforddictionaries.com
I hope you didn't mean the nonsensical and fake Einstein quote

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, in last DLC...

You play as weak female character (Elizabeth) who tries to understand what the fuck is going on with her
She dies from three hits from regular enemy or two shots, on normal difficulty
She can carry more than two weapons (uh... three, and that magnetic hook, so I guess it's four), including crossbow from Deus Ex
There are stealth elements in game, invulnerable enemies (she can't kill Big Daddy who patrols the area), carpets muffle sound, glass shards make noise like in Thief 4, you can use alarm bolts from crossbow to distract enemies
Lockpicks and turrets are back, and you can only carry very little ammo, and some medkits

...WHAT THE FUCK LEVINE HAS BEEN DOING ALL THAT TIME? If original Bioshock Infinite had at least this level of gameplay, it wouldn't be shit!
Sure, there is quest compass, there are powerful plasmids, and enemies are dumb... but it's not that kind of dumb which was main game. What the f
I don't even

Uh, fuck it.

.....I still don't understand the plot though. Well, aside from obvious stuff which you see on screen (Would You Kindly ect.).

Drakron

Arcane
So, it's bad but redeeming?

Hardly, imagine Bioshock if it only had 3 areas and mandatory stealth, plus the lock-picking minigame seems to be ass.

Plus story seems shit, its just a attempt to link Infinity to Bioshock that I suppose it does but its more in the line "you die at the end" were apparently the only one not fucked over was the first Bioshock protagonist, everyone else after gets fucked right at the end.

The only plus is seeing how awesome does the first Bioshock protagonist actually looks with his impeccable fashion sense.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The lockpick minigame isn't ass, in fact it barely exists. Press 'E' when the pick isn't below a red pin, it takes like two seconds.

Some of the areas are larger, and the stealth is decent though too easy with the invisible plasmid. I was surprised how many enemies were in water or behind glass though, limiting your ability to sneak up on them. Also despite the areas being rather large and non-linear at times I got the feeling whenever I explored off-the-path that I was in areas I would be sent to directly in the future. Complaints Elizabeth dies too fast seem weird to me, it was billed as a stealth expansion from the get-go. Also I definitely switched to guns a couple times when I was caught and managed to kill everyone alright. I did hate that enemies respawn though, like in all Bioshock games. I like clearing rooms in stealth games and then walking around freely, can't do that here.

Anyway, "good for what it is" is this game's mantra and the DLC doesn't change that really. It's probably more interesting though.

I'd finish it but I'm hooked on Might and Magic X now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom