Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Bioware interview at CVG, part II

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Vault Dweller, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I think the audience is per definition aware of it.

That's an unjustified, irrational assertion. The satire is added to actual news, so it's a critical news site that also satirizes.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Haha (edited)

^ Top  
  2. kingcomrade Kingcomrade Edgy

kingcomrade
    I'm afraid I must agree.

^ Top  
  3. Admiral Rimjob POOBUM Arcane

Admiral Rimjob POOBUM
    You broke the Codex. You bastard.

^ Top  
  4. Lord Chambers Erudite

Lord Chambers
    Did you not read my text?
    I read enough of the text in the screenshots to recognize they were pulled out of the photoshop thread. I did not notice the Bioware fanboys part which is certainly a giveaway and would made me a little less likely to post the "controversial" comment "bodes poorly for the future of the Codex as a news site." However I still might have.

The usual format is an indented quote section, followed by sarcasm relating to the downfall of gaming. What's different is that this time we saw some sarcasm, followed by intended screenshots. Solely based on the context in that news post (that is, expunging all your regular sensibility of what you'd expect to see in a game) it would follow that the screenshots are real because the sarcastic comment refers to them. In this case, it was all part of a sarcastic remark to the above indented quote section. One day I might see them as the same remark, another it'll look like the comment refers to the screenshots.

I don't believe I'm taking things too seriously. It's a comment bitches. A reader's response to what he had just seen on the front page. No alarms, no report to the Online News Association or an email Bioware. Just a quick reply on the fly. You realize the Codex makes fun of stuff. Do you realize that everyone else realizes that too? I do, and my comment was made with that understanding. If the Codex staff doesn't feel an urge to avoid crossing a line between being critical of news and posting photoshopped screenshots (ostensibly as part of being critical), that's fine with me. I think the screenshots are the funniest thing since the Soviet Propaganda, and before that Chefe's comics. That does mean though, that the Codex becomes less and less of a news site when more and more of the forum stuff is on the front page. But wait, I already said all this.

^ Top  
  5. Stalagmite Scholar

Stalagmite
    So, lord bed chambers thinks it it detremental to RPGCODEX (hint hint) news credibility when fake photoshopped pictures get posted. Ever consider the people who read the news posts? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the pics are parodies, beddy boy. But, like you said, it was just some snobby snide remark "on the fly" that you didn't think to much of, yet you took the time to make a good sized post defending yourself??

My conclusion:

Lorrd Bed Chambers disagrees with VD's news post, made an "on the fly" remark, yet doesn't want to fight off tons of people questioning his remark. I think he should start a new thread on how news posts are supposed to be made (yes, a whole new thread) according to Lord Bed Chambers. We should give him some time to think about iit, get ready/prepared for a pepper of feedback, and take it from there.

Just my opinion.

^ Top  
  6. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I just looked at some old PA strips, and felt this was somewhat appropriate:

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  7. HardCode Erudite

HardCode
    Okay ... games have been on PCs for 20+ fucking years. And on Windows for 12+ years. I stopped reading the rest after this moronic opening of an article. Is there anyone over the age of 25 left in the gaming industry?

^ Top  
  8. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    Hardcode is retarded.

^ Top  
  9. Veracity Liturgist

Veracity
    At the wha'? Is that, like, an embittered imbecile?

^ Top  
  10. Voss Erudite

Voss
    No, no, its a large flightless bird riding a bicycle while sucking on popsicles. Grape, of course.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.