Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Bizarre KOTOR 2 review at 2404

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Certainly, PS:T's dialogue was far superior to the BIO-"pick up your henchman/-woman" routine."

No. Stop trolling with your lies.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Certainly, PS:T's dialogue was far superior to the BIO-"pick up your henchman/-woman" routine."

He's not trolling, Bucko, it's just that YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! IT'S RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES, OH GOD, HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE IT'S BEAUTIFUL LIGHT? Ok, I'm done now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
:lol: I think you've snapped. Perhaps, you've given me more power than I deserve over you, Bucko Jr.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I found nothing at all wrong with the dialogue in KOTOR2. It's the one thing that really kept me going through the game. Hell, any of the movies has cheesier dialogue than this game. The reviewer made it sound as though it offended him. What? Too intellectual?

On a side note, Tetris had better dialogue than that piece of tripe called "pour on the drama flakes" NWN. ;)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
KOTOR2's dialogue while good overall was not really intellectual. That's very unintellectual to say.

Then again, the fact you try to make the case that Tetris has better dialogue than NWN kinda shows you aren't in a good position to argue about the quality of any dialogue. LOL

Neverwhere

Novice
Volourn said:

Admittedly, you could flirt with your NPCs in PS:T. And hey, it even was fun to do so - unlike Aribeth/Bastila, they had something like character.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Aribeth had more character in her pink finger than Annah has in her entire aprty. All she was was a Daddy's Little Girl who had hardcore sex with her steppop and wnated the same sick daddy-daughter relationship with TNO.

Now, FFG, on the other hand, actually had awesome perosnality!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Aribeth had no personality whatsoever. Annah's had one hell of a personality, even if it wasn't likeable, or normal for that matter.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You are wrong just like you were when you claimed that VD was your lover.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Meanwhile, back in that other universe known as reality...

I thought the dialogue Knights of the Old Republic was pretty bad, HK47 excluded. Of course, the latest movies were pretty bad. However, I think games need to be measured against other games, not a movie sharing the lisence. I wouldn't say it was "SO" bad that it ruined the game, the real time w/ pause did that for me, lousy dungeon crawler!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"the real time w/ pause did that for me, lousy dungeon crawler!"

No worse than your precioussss Vampire. R00fles!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Aribeth did have a personality, but I found it terribly contrived. I was almost expecting Bioware would pull another Jaheira on me. I almost wish they had.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
YAY! At least one non troll posts a reasonable opinion in this thread other than stealing others' lame catch phrases.

R00fles!

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I posted this earlier and elsewhere, but for some reason it seems appropriate to add it here now. So, without further ado:

One of my "sources" got me this Instant Messenger discussion that took place between two writers for an RPG company that shall remain nameless. The identity of the writers has been changed so as to protect those who were involved. With out further comment, here is the script:

Writer 1: Ok, are you ready to get started?

Writer 2: Yeah, we need to come up with a frame work for our story.

Writer 1: How about amnesia? That worked really well, before.

Writer 2: Yeah, amnesia's great! I loved it in FFVII, Arx Fatalis, KotOR 1 and 2, Torment, Baldur's Gate II...(several hours later)... so yeah, amnesia is a great idea!

Writer 1: Now, we need to add some drama, Ah! Picture this-- a super evil entity locked away for several centuries. Its coming back! Now, only the protagonists can stop it! This evil is pure evil...it likes to do cruel things and laughs maniacally when it does so! We're talking Dick Cheney on Acid evil here!

Writer 2: Wow, thats pretty evil, but its great! I can't think of another game thats had recently awaken evil in a long time! On the other hand, I can't think...

Writer 1: Don't take it too hard, none of us can.

Writer 2: Which reminds me, we need to add the slightly coy female supporting role for the generic love affair. We're going to make her tough, with a soft side for LUV!

Writer 1: Thats a great idea! Love affair between the protagonist and some female lead. Oh man! Our script is going to Roxxorz!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"In the beginning of the game, you didn't know who anybody or who you were."

Yes, you did. You could choose NOT to remember them (because you didn't neccessarily have traveled with Minsc, and Jaheria for example); but ould also choose to do so. With Imoen, you can be a 'smartass' and pretend that you don't recall her , lol, but you do not have amnesia in any form whatsoever.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Volourn said:
Aribeth had more character in her pink finger than Annah has in her entire aprty. All she was was a Daddy's Little Girl who had hardcore sex with her steppop and wnated the same sick daddy-daughter relationship with TNO.
Okay, so when did all of this happen?

AlanC9

Liturgist
BG2 had to have the amnesiac dialogues for players who hadn't played the original, of course. What else could Bio have done?

Saran

Scholar
AlanC9 said:
BG2 had to have the amnesiac dialouges for players who hadn't played the original, of course. What else could Bio have done?

Nothing, but while volourn does tend to be a bit paranoid sometimes he is correct when he states that some people like to use any old excuse to shit on Bioware.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
He's right. A lot of people here tend to go overboard when it comes to Bioware. It's one thing to complain about NWN being crap (which it is, for the most part) but some of the complaints against their story writing in Baldur's Gate border on the ridiculous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom