Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blackout Mods

Jarinor

Liturgist
It's pretty much the exact same feedback that was given to you at T-A when this whole mod/web page design pimpage by you and your buddies began. Do you need to be told everything twice in school?

Xento

Novice
Jarinor said:
It's pretty much the exact same feedback that was given to you at T-A when this whole mod/web page design pimpage by you and your buddies began. Do you need to be told everything twice in school?
I just wanted to find out what everyone had to say about it. Now that I know what pimping is, I'll stop, Jar. :)

Xento

Novice
Jarinor said:
Just what did you think it was?
Advertising.

BTW, I appologise for getting in a flame war with you guys. I thought you were flaming just because it was my idea, not because of something I did. :oops:

evilmonkey

Liturgist
Xento said:
Advertising.

oh I do love Spam Xento, and not only that - spammers are loved and honored in any community that suffers their constant posts and worthless junk - no wonder people bite when you post huh?

...and the webpage is fucking ugly - I've done worse of course - but I would never show it off :&

Xento

Novice
evilmonkey said:
Xento said:
Advertising.

oh I do love Spam Xento
Is that a name you have picked for me; Spam Xento, which sounds lame, or is it saying something to me, in which case it should be Spam, Xento?

evilmonkey said:
spammers are loved and honored in any community that suffers their constant posts and worthless junk
Yep. That's why you love me, evilmonkey. :)

evilmonkey said:
no wonder people bite when you post huh?
We go WAAAAAY back. :)

evilmonkey said:
and the webpage is fucking ugly
If you could whip up better, I would be happy to switch. Besides, everyone has their opinion.

evilmonkey said:
I've done worse of course
So have I.

evilmonkey said:
but I would never show it off
Well, if you don't want to show off your works of art, however good or bad they may be, that's your choice.

evilmonkey

Liturgist
Xento said:
Is that a name you have picked for me; Spam Xento, which sounds lame, or is it saying something to me, in which case it should be Spam, Xento?

Looking for pedant points Xento? - no actually Spam Xento do sounds good to me, and if you disslike it, fine put the "," before it if you wish.

Yep. That's why you love me, evilmonkey. :) | We go WAAAAAY
back. :)

Yes - that is why - see I love the people I loath or hate (you are not the later) - or why would I reply at all.

as for TA, I think I had the luck to leave before you arrived, but if not I guess I've just had the luxury to forget.

If you could whip up better, I would be happy to switch. Besides, everyone has their opinion.

heh - look over the web Xento - look at some of the better pages on it - and then ask yourself what do I have that they don't - and if so why do they not have what you have? - and then you might look at what you lack besides what you got too much off.

and when I said I've done worse - and I still have - I'm talking about ideas and prototypes and work in progress - or stuff I've trashed.

and besides the site is far far from a pice of art when it comes to webpages - besides it (when I checked the last time) lacked any kind of information.

<3

Xento

Novice
webscreen.jpg

That tickle your fancy a little more, perhapse? It's what it will look like once we get our new, paid host, with a domain.

Canis

Novice
^Indeed.

Having a domain just for the sake of being able to say you have a domain was high fashion a few years ago, but I think we're all over it now aren't we? The fact is that your visitors won't care what your URL is as long as you have good, quality content that maintains their interest. You could be hosted at something as awkward as Geocities or Spaceports and they wouldn't care. At the other end of the spectrum (your end, by the look of things) you could have your very own domain name with a top-o-the-line hosting package that's sure to set you back a few allowances, but if there's nothing there nobody will ever want to visit. It'll just be a little place on the web for your "crew" to hang out and go, "Whoa, we've got a domain and paid hosting. Duuuuuuude." I know you've heard it all before because I've SEEN it posted to you countless times over, but you (and your "crew") don't seem quite to grasp the concept.

BTW, I just love the way the name of your mod team creates the acronym of "BM". (No, I couldn't resist.)

Xento

Novice
If you didn't notice the "Add content here!" label, which basically suggests it's a beta, snapshot, just to show you what the DESIGN looks like. If I wanted you to see the content, I'd post the site, itself. :roll:

GreenNight

Liturgist
Xento... stop experimenting with design and write content. Or work in the mod, whatever. But please... don't try to impress us with another "Add content here page". Return when you have either a (almost) complete and playable mod, or about 3000 words of content in your site.

For chocolate-shake! you're speaking with people that not only lived through the 16 bit era of computer but that probably also played during the 8 bit era, like myself. Games, or webpages for what it matters, can be not nice, can be simple, even can be somewhat ugly, but they must be interesting!!! They must have content!!!

I'm begining to understand the unrest of the TA people that write here :roll:

EEVIAC

Erudite
GreenNight said:
For chocolate-shake! you're speaking with people that not only lived through the 16 bit era of computer but that probably also played during the 8 bit era, like myself. Games, or webpages for what it matters, can be not nice, can be simple, even can be somewhat ugly, but they must be interesting!!! They must have content!!!

I'm begining to understand the unrest of the TA people that write here :roll:

One of my favourite resources is the GPU : RW - its a list of rumours about video cards, with links to where they were started, and a vague reliability rating. The design is simple, the content is informative - and it takes longer to read than it does to load. I like many of the .sourceforge game pages for a similar reason.

Xento

Novice
Alright, I'll be sure to add pleanty of content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom