Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blizzard to update Warcraft 1 and 2 to make it more playable on modern PCs

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Blizzard; Warcraft

warcraft_orcs_and_humans.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

Blizzard has hinted that they have a team working on making Warcraft 1 and 2 more playable on modern machines. During a Q&A session at Blizzcon, production director J. Allan Brack revealed:

“So, we actually have a guy on our team — actually several guys on our team — who are actually working on a side project to do something like that in some form or fashion. We’re fans of Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, and we’d love to replay those games for sure.”

No details as to how serious this side project is or any expected released.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
their warcraft games were actually good, and if they put a new battle.net on in I wouldn't be too surprised if competition and exposition would ramp up again (particularly for WC3)

grudgebringer

Would be more interested if they updated WC3 to be not shit instead.
Like making it an actual RTS instead of that arcady little action game with heroes inventory and cosmetic stats management?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What problem does WC3 have on modern PCs? Isn't that a relatively new game?

fake edit:
2002. Fuck, I'm old.

real edit:
Ah, ok, they mean WC1 and 2.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm seriously starting to wonder if Blizzard perhaps suffers from cenophobia at this point. It's OK guys, you can make a new IP every decade or so.

Would be more interested if they updated WC3 to be not shit instead.

I enjoyed the game thoroughly.

Clearly you never tried to play bnet as humans, only to find out that 80% of the time tower rush/spam wins the day.

Or ended up switching to undead like a bitch and finding out that DK-fiend combo was the way to go in all but undead vs undead games.

Shit was tedious. It was the greatest incline because of custom games. Base game sucked cock though.
Still loved the Illidan/Arthas campaigns

catfood

AGAIN
Stop kidding yourselves, all Warcraft games are pretty shit as far as the strategy aspect is concerned. Starcraft (and 2?) is the only worthwhile Blizzard RTS.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Stop kidding yourselves, all Warcraft games are pretty shit as far as the strategy aspect is concerned. Starcraft (and 2?) is the only worthwhile Blizzard RTS.

You are right of course. Paladin/Ogre Magi spam your way to victory. The missions could be quite fun though, especially in beyond the dark portal. I still haven't finished that expansion with either side. <3 Draenor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom