Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines 2 Clan Introduction - Tremere

Well if you have unreal levels of Fortitude, possible for a time, but never indefinately even if you go turbo-arctic-burqa-with-goggles level of get-up. There is also a ritual for going outside, but that's other sorts of inconvenient. And in any case, even a high Humanity vampire is not exactly feeling very chipper during daytime and has to basically force themselves to not sleep since it isn't a biological necessity for them but a supernatural condition. Though there's also a ritual for that, but that's also different kinds of inconvenient (namely that it requires someone to kick the door in and all but declare they're going to murder you).

Hey Vaarna_Aarne, I came upon the following passage in a Vampire novel of short stories set in the medieval era, "The Hawk And The Slipper", Dark Tyrants, 1999:

I had a dream after I left Cordoba, wending my way through lush, sea-moistened
orchards that smelled of oranges, down the Rio Guadalquivir to the battle site of
Guadalete. Wrapped in my black cowl my Cappadocian flesh can stand daylight
to some small measure providing I stay for the most part in shade, and so,
beneath a thick, well-leafed olive tree, I watched the sun rise as King Roderico
must have that morning nearly a half millennium past. And I then found a
peasant’s shed where I rested.

In the story, this is a very young vampire loner who had just diablerized an elder and going from the text, she is particularly uninformed and untrained of any rituals or disciplines. Would you call the bolded part above just derpy on author's end or is that plausible by the setting's rules? In the story, she sounds rather unfussed and unconcerned by the inconveniences of the vampiric unlife.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Rather questionable albeit theoretically possible. Question is really in the huge number of question marks which is their XP system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom