Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bombrush Cyberfunk - Jet Set Radio-ish from Team Reptile (Lethal League)

geno

Savant

So far the known soundtrack is awesome:

Last edited:

geno

Savant
It's releasing this week. They are barely doing any marketing or getting press coverage but I've found a recent interview:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Game's really fun. The cheesy tone of the story is also a jovial experience.
Interms of gameplay, the level design carries the game. Pure mechanics is decent, but the skill ceiling isn't high. Since it doesn't not have any balancing mini games for grinds, you can focus on cool tricks and combo extenders. So you kind of max out the game at around the 10 hour mark. Still, great game. Loads of fun.

geno

Savant
My main concern is how easy it is and how annoying and pointless is the police. Mechanically I see it as an improvement over Future, which was also an easy game.
40 €uros feel like too much to be honest.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Game is also ridiculously easy to mod. Since it's all flat colours you can just use colour selection tool in gimp/photoshop and palette swap however you want.

Machocruz

Arcane
Might get this over the weekend, getting pretty tired of shooting and stabbing people. I played a bit of the Jet Set games, not enough to know if I really like them or just the look of them. $40 isn't a bad price and I can always refund it within 2 hours. Difficulty options?

geno

Savant
Might get this over the weekend, getting pretty tired of shooting and stabbing people.
Well, you are expected to punch the police in this game.
Difficulty options?
Nop. And as I said the game suffers from being too easy. I guess you can see this game as one of these titles to relax and chill.

SimTrY

Literate
Good ost. Especially I Wanna Kno.
Finished the game in 2 days. the only gripe i have with the game is the cutscenes you get when getting a notoriety level. other than that its great fun to fuck around the levels. also helps that the game has girls with fat tits.

1692681426907.jpg

geno

Savant

In the first week players managed to add player models, a custom radio, new levels and multiplayer.

911 Jumper

Learned
I should say I am not fond of the game's name. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk isn't exactly pleasing to the ear. Also, Bomb Rush sounds too close to “bum rush” for me.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I get a bit of nausea playing this, mainly from the transitions between grinding and doing graffiti. Does anyone else?

Very nice otherwise, I like it a lot. Hopefully the interest was high enough for them to work on a sequel because I feel like if they took a 2nd run at this they'd produce something even better.

geno

Savant
Hopefully the interest was high enough for them to work on a sequel because I feel like if they took a 2nd run at this they'd produce something even better.
According to this entry in their web:
This way of thinking has evolved during the course of the development of BRC and I can still see so much more depth to explore in the mixture of street and fiction, cyber and funk. So that’s why, regardless of reception, I would like to formally announce we will be creating more of these type of games after Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom