Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Boy's first JRPG

flyingjohn

Arcane
central monster catching mechanic for some of its titles
There is a entire spinoff series called dq monsters focused on that.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
From what I've seen of Yakuza Like a Dragon, it looks like a Japanese GTA clone with turn-based combat and absurd particle effects on combat moves... did not grab my attention.

JRPGs = REJECTED

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
GTA clone
People have called Yakuza that for years, but anyone that actually plays it for more than five minutes could tell you how absurd the comparison is. There's absolutely nothing similar beyond "open world" (with polar opposite design, and I don't mean visuals) and 'general whackiness'.

Modron

Arcane
Planetar is just drive by trolling. Everytime someone says Yakuza is a Japanese GTA I correct them and say it's a Japanese Shenmue.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
From what I've seen of Yakuza Like a Dragon, it looks like a Japanese GTA clone with turn-based combat and absurd particle effects on combat moves... did not grab my attention.

JRPGs = REJECTED
it's a japanese gta clone for lonely cat ladies who insert weird vibrators inside their vaginas whenever yet another hunky criminal disrobes profusely

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

JRPGs = REJECTED

If I catch you trolling again in this most sacred forum, you'll be dead before you can blink.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom